We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena in August

Wakefield, England...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Benalmadena in August

Hi, Im travelling to benelmadena in Aug with my 2 children (8&6) and was just wanting to check this is still a good place for families as i have been told hens/stags are now starting to go here instead of Benidorm, dont get me wrong i've just come back from a girls holiday in Benidorm myself so i know theres nothing wrong with it and its just people having a good laugh, its just not somewhere i would like to go on my own with children. We're staying in the Bali and from what i've read it looks very family orientated just wanting to ut my mind at ease really.

Thanks

Emma

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benalmadena in August

The Bali being family orientated will not stop Stag and Hen parties being accepted I'm afraid . You could try to change your accomodation I suppose .

Or I guess you'll have to take pot luck , the s's ahd h's only seem to go on weekenders anyway .

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,266 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benalmadena in August

I'm sure you will have a lovely time, Benalmadena is very family oriented and stag and hens are probably asleep during the day and go out late at night so you would more than likely miss them if unless you are out very late.

Make sure you take your children to Paloma Park, Selwo Marina and to Fuengirola Bioparc (zoo). There's also the butterfly centre and the sealife centre at the marina.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Benalmadena in August

Hey there

The stags and hens have always been coming to Benalmadena, this is nothing new.... but the numbers have reduced over the last few years and if anything Benidorm is overtaking as the Stag and Hen resort in Spain, you only have to have a scan of the forum to see how worried many people are up there!

However, as always, they aren't outrageous and never have been in Benal with the exception of the hours between 1am and 7am in the 24 hour square etc - but that's just normal high jinx drunken fun, nothing more!

I really wouldn't let it concern you, especially regarding the Bali - a very family friendly hotel in the heart of things.

Be mindful though (just in case you don't know) that in August the temperatures can be sky high !!

Have a fantastic time - as above, so many things for the little ones to do they definitely won't get bored :)

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benalmadena in August

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Bali hotel, they have a great animation team, and if your children like to get involved, will be kept entertained each day! Like what has been said a visit to the BioParc at Fuengirola will be a great day out, go by train and the entrance is just a couple of hundreds yards on your right as you leave Fuengirola train station, then come back by ferry and see the coast a different but great way!

There's also Tivoli World, which is in walking distance from the Bali Hotel, (half an hour or so) or take a taxi which us a short ride for €6, this is open till 2am in August.

Buy your tickets from Rubens, money exchange on Avenida Alay and you'll get discounted prices. Come out of the Bali, walk down to the main road, turn left towards 24hour square, then turn right and Rubens is on the right hand side. You'll get to see then where some hens/stags go!

Again, Paloma Park is wonderful, and towards Montemar area there is Batteria Park which has a boating lake, and fun!

Close to the Bali Hotel is a crazy golf course, think it is still €7 euro for a game and snack there. There is also a crazy/mini golf at Sealife at the marina, you don't have to go into Sealife if you only want to play crazy golf.

Down at the marina there's a "bouncy" slide and bungees which keep children entertained!

The Bali Hotel is family orientated, they have a nice pool area and the staff are great!

Have a lovely time!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,163 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benalmadena in August

having suggested to my son and his family he stays at the bali, hope the choice is right, as keep telling him I know something about the area.

To me the position is ideal, you can get the bus yards away to visit the area and the airport bus stops yards away.

My children lived in Paloma Park 30 years ago, now my grandchildren will enjoy.

The Aqua park at Torremolinos is to the top of places my son wants to return too.

We had a stag party on our plane on way out to Malaga, my partner commented on how well behaved and well mannered they were. Because the area is so wide spread your unlikely to see them out and certainly unlikely until the early hours. You dont go out to party in Spain before midnight.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,215 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benalmadena in August

I think most stag & hens are in the shoulder periods of the year really. Flights are cheaper then and who wants to be on a stag do with the resorts full of kids. The prices for flights in July & Aug would certainly have put me off going for a weekend stag do.

Midlands
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benalmadena in August

Hi Stayed in the Bali last August and I can tell you you will have a great time there especially your kids. Entertainment is ideal for them and you needn't worry there were no stag parties there in August when I was there. It is a family hotel and if my kids were younger (19 and 15) I would have been back this August again. Instead I will be further down the road in our own appartment. I had a drink in 24 hr square at 11pm and the place was deserted as the kids don't come out to later and I didn't see any stag groups anywhere. Doubt if you will see them unless you are about after midnight.

wales
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Benalmadena in August

I ravel with my children. Benalmadena has all you need for a family holiday! ill be there august this year also........ dont forget to visit

Benal pueblo

Arroyo;;; meal at The vine mmmmm

tivoli world

torremolinos aqua park

paloma park

bonanza square ( up road from bali)

marina

fridays tivoli market

train to malaga

you and your children with have a ball!

bali is lovely my friends stay there>>>

Wakefield, England...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benalmadena in August

Thanks for the messages and tips on places to visit i have taken notes and my mind is now at ease! haha

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benalmadena in August

Bali is a nice hotel, lots of entertainments, lovely large garden/pool area for the evening shows, handy for Bonanza Square and Palomas Park as recommended by posters on here, El Cordero restaurant in the square great food at just €11-50 for a three course meal with wine. All a few minutes walk from the Bali Hotel. Tivoli World and Friday morning market on their car park all walkable.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena