We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euros

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Euros

Me and my girlfriend are staying all inclusive in August, will €1500 be enough for a week? We're planning to go on excursions and eat out a few times while visiting places. Any help would be great :)

grimsby lincs
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euros

More than enough Jason that would see me through a number of weeks in AI , Obviously depends on how many excursions you take but there are plenty of things to do locally and eating out is still reasonably priced.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euros

Jason you've already posted this question in the Torremolinos forum. Same answers apply!

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
england
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Euros

The one in the Torremolinos forum was whether €1000 would be enough, this one is whether €1500 would be :-)

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euros

Oh, yes, of course, LOL! Same answers apply though, in fact even more so, €1500 for 2 people for a week when all food and drink is included is a nice lot of money to spend on days out and one or two meals away from the hotel.

We're going self catering for 2 weeks in September a bit further up the coast and have got €1300 between us for the two weeks and we still have an amazing time! ;)

england
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Euros

We usually go self catering for 10 nights (Nerja this year in just over 5 weeks) and usually have money left over from £1000.

This includes days out and eating out every night.

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euros

When we went two years ago we took €1200 and I came back with around €400. We did spend €75 each on a jeep safari but it was well worth all the money and we ate every night and most lunch times too! The CDS can be as cheap or as expensive as you like but it definitely is good value!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euros

I agree with you CJB, the coast can be a cheap/expensive as you make it. However, for a week A/I, think €1500 is more than enough for excursions, meals out, pressies, just over €200 a day will go a long way. Trips for example to Gibraltar can be from approx €12 per person, Nerja from around €20 per person, Mijas by public transport less than €2 per person, going inland you may be able to get menu del dia for around €8.50 per person, and on the coast €11 per person.

Have a great holiday Jason ;-)

Let us know how you get on!

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
8. Re: Euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 24, 2014