We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Can anyone recommend a place in Benalmadena where you can hire a sunlounger on the beach and also buy beer or a cocktail? I mean somewhere with a bar or waiter service. Nothing like sitting on a beach with a nice cold drink!

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

If you are prepared to walk 20 minutes along the paseo to La Carihuela then you can visit somewhere like El Horno OR Play Miguel Chiringuito's, they both offer this service....

Here is Play Miguel's website to give you an idea of what to expect:

playamiguel.es/paginas/noche/ingles/index.htm

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,730 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Chiringuito Piquilabi has an offer on for sunbed, piece of fruit and a drink for 5€, its on the way to the one above too, 5mins less walk from Benalmadena.

Chiringuito Maracas on BilBil beach will serve you on the beach too, although the beds arent as plush as the others mentioned.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Love going to Playa Miguel, brings back memories when we used to bring both our Mums, so always have a drink there in memory ;-) service is excellent and they somehow seem to know when we want a refill!

A lot of Dutch go there too, but it adds to the fun with practising their language as well!

Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Thanks for all the great tips! Can't wait to go :-)

Tyne & wear
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Hi crystal seem to be in the know so I will ask the two places mentioned can anyone go or are they part of a hotel also how long do you get the bed for

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Hi elvis18

Anyone can use the beds and you can use them from 9am - 8pm if you wish (and are sunworshippers). There is a car park close by and only costs a couple of € (if you don't want to walk from Benalmadena) or a taxi from Benalmadena to La Carihuela is €6

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Just a quick story, our friend rang us after she'd spent a few hours down there and said we'd find her under the green umbrella lol. There are quite a few green parasols, but we did eventually find her with a beer in hand for us! (She recently passed away and just in Sunday strolled by and had a beer in her memory ;-) )

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Hi there

I would add that the sunbeds are chargeable and the double beds with drapes etc are - i think - €25 (might be €15 - i can't remember) but that includes a drink/mixer etc....

You'll have to check prices when you're there or they might have them on the websites.

Of course you're paying for the atmosphere (always plays great music) and sometimes a DJ in the afternoon, and the comfort and service!!

CB

Edited: 6:06 am, May 23, 2013
Tyne & wear
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

hI all, so howd oes that 5e work then we are coming over 14/06/13 and would like to try for a change are ther any images/photos because i can only find tables set for dinner on there website

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,730 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunlounger and drink on the beach

Not sure Elvis, saw the painted sign as we walked past. https:/…62301175741 join them on facebook and ask or see if there are any more photos.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena