We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or stroll?

Langholm, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or stroll?

Hi,

I would appreciate some views on the following:

My wife and I arrive in Benalmadena around lunchtime on 9th March via the train. We are staying at the Sahara Sunset.

The question is (a) Do we take a taxi direct to apartment or (b) do we stroll down (hand luggage only) and spend the fare on the odd drink or three?

If (b) best route and any recommended pit stops please?

Thank you,

CJ.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or stroll?

Hi there

Not really something we can advise on i wouldn't have thought - a very personal choice. I, personally, cant wait to ditch everything at the Hotel/Apartment, get showered and get out and about..... the more you have with you the more chance you have of leaving/losing/having stuff pinched !!

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,886 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or stroll?

Out the train staion in Arroyo, str8 ahead to the little fountain in front of you, turn right cross the road, head towards the large roundabout/fountain turn right down a pedestrianised street (Calle blas Infante) a little over half way down opposite the Tabacs is the entrance to Plaza Espana (known locally as Fountain Sq) excellent sun trap/tapas bar(s), 1st pit stop anyway. Although there are many others on your way down C Blas Infante.

Continue down C Blas Infante cross the road at the bottom by the Panaderia, continue down this road until the next corner, diagonally opposite you should see a Farmacia, this block is called Plaza Mayor, keep this on your left and continue downhill. You will then come to the Feria ground/Selwo Marina. Walk across the Feria ground heading down between Selw and Paloma Park, as you get to the park gates, another pit stop (pee stop) just inside the park. Continue down between selwo and park until you come to Bellagio entrance, head downhill between Bellagio and Benal beach you will come to Sahara Sunset Reception on your right.

Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Plaza Espana Benalmadena
Plaza Espana Benalmadena
316 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Selwo Marina
Selwo Marina
1,860 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
newcastle
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or stroll?

I could not have put that any better Mantalk. That is the exact route we take when we stay at Sahara sunset and we always stop at Fountain Square on the way.Trouble is after a few drinks and a sit in the sun we wish we had dropped the luggage off first.

Langholm, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or stroll?

Thank you for the replies, will probably wait till we leave the station to decide.

If we do walk, roughly how long will it take? Excluding stops!

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or stroll?

I would say about 20mins walk to Sahara 'without' any stops..

6. Re: Taxi or stroll?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations