We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buensol or Doramar

Glasgow
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Buensol or Doramar

Hi, I have just booked the Beunsol which I appreciate is in Toromolinos. however, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake and should perhaps have booked the Doromar? We are a group of girls coming in April, understand it will be quieter at this time but we are looking to make the most of the nightlife, bars, clubs etc. Don't mind if the accommodation is basic as we are on a budget getaway just looking for something close to the action and as busy as possible.

do you think the Doramar may have suited us better? thanks

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buensol or Doramar

Hi we to a group heading out in April and after researching where to stay close to the nightlife we are staying close to the Marina. I know it wont be mad busy but we wanted to be closer to the 24hr square and Marina for a short crawl home. We booked the MS Alay but the regulars on this forum are great for giving good advice. Good luck

Glasgow
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buensol or Doramar

Thank you :) I think the apartments I have book (buensol) are a 5 min or so walk from the marina so perhaps it will be ok then. Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated :)

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buensol or Doramar

Hi!

The Doramar is certainly better placed for Bonanza Square, 24 Hour Square and the Marina, where most of your night life is situated.

However, although Buensol is further to walk to those places, it is also closer to La Carihuela which may have more atmosphere in the current financial climate.

Colin

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buensol or Doramar

It also may provide you with more options with regards to eats in the daytime and a fantastic beach right on your doorstep. The Doramar is up a very steep hill and just doesn't bode well with hangovers ;-)

I think you'll be fine.. tbh it's wiser to get a cab home in the early hours of the morning anyway and whilst effectively you'll be crossing the border a little bit to get into Montemar (the sub district where the Buensol is) you're not a million miles from the action and are a nice walk along the paseo from the marina.

CB

Glasgow
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buensol or Doramar

Ok, I have just called and changed to the Doramar, I had to do it within 24 hours so ensure the amendment was without charge, it sounds a little more central. . Thanks again

Glasgow
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buensol or Doramar

Thanks cheekybadger for your help. However I panicked and changed it hahaha. Oh well, I'm sure we will have a fab time regardless. Thank you

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buensol or Doramar

We needed somewhere close to 24hr square because we are on a stag and I dont think the lads would be able for walking at 5 or 6 in the morning. Hope you have a good time and hopefully the nightlife will be some way busy for us.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,651 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buensol or Doramar

There are many more bars in bonanza and Ibensa Sq`s a short walk from the Doramar apartments too.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buensol or Doramar

Lots of tosh talked/written about the so-called "very steep hill".

At 69 years of age, I have NEVER found it a problem. Neither have I ever heard the my wife complain about it either and she had a double hip replacement 2 years ago.

If you're with somebody in a wheelchair, have a physical disability or you are pushing a buggy, yes you will find it hard work.

The Doramar is only part-way up opposite the entrance to the Siroco Hotel.

Edited: 11:32 am, February 06, 2013
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buensol or Doramar

Hi MT. Will all the bars in Ibensa-Bonanza square be open in Mid April. I have been researching on TA and we will definately head to the above. Is there any bars that you would recommend up that direction..We arrive on a friday night and we would like to visit a good sports bar showing footy on the Saturday..There will be 20 of us in the group.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena