We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please- Minerva or Myramar Oasis apartment?

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help please- Minerva or Myramar Oasis apartment?

Hi,

We are hoping to book either of above apartments but have never been to Benalmadena before so i need as many opinions as possible on which is better positioned please?

We dont mind travelling further afield in the day but at night we like to go to bars,restaurants that we can walk to and from where we are staying.

Are theses two apartments both in walking distance?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help please- Minerva or Myramar Oasis apartment?

Thanks Guys,

I always try to get advice on the position of where i am staying especially in a resort i have never been before, i can't think of anything worse than getting there and realising that it really doesn't suit your needs.

I have had Benalmadena recommended to me by a few people i know saying that they think it is a resort we will enjoy and from what i've read i think we will have a good time.

Cant wait!!

Beth

Merseyside
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help please- Minerva or Myramar Oasis apartment?

Hi - We have stayed in both complexes. My preference is the Myramar Oasis. It consists of 3 or 4 buildings and they share two pools with nice garden areas. The apartment owners are mix of Spanish/English. It is a little further away from the beach and therefore further up the hill but very close to Arroyo which is a bustling Spanish town. We have found these apartments to be nice and quiet yet close enough to the nightlife. Does get a bit busy on the roads nearby as there is a school nearby. Now the Minerva/Jupiter complex. These are two high rise basically blocks of flats built in the early 1980's. They are opposite to Bonanza Square which consists of quite a few bars and a couple of restaurants. When we were in Benlamadena last year we walked down from Arroyo to the coast road and to be honest found the area around here a bit on the tatty side and in need of some serious TLC. The apartment complex itself is good with a lovely pool and garden area which is secure. However the buildings are noisy with a lot of door banging etc. When we last stayed there I heard mutterings about some of the apartments being let to assylum seekers etc but not sure how true this is. A lot of the apartments have been refurbished and are really nice but if you book one here make sure you get one that doesn't face the road as it will be noisy! Hope this helps and have a good holiday.

13. Re: Help please- Minerva or Myramar Oasis apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 22, 2014