We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Hi I am trying to plan my sisters hen for early May and was wondering if Benalmadena would be busyy?

We are looking for lively pubs not so much clubbing!

Would this be a good choice and if so where would be best to stay? We would ideally like to stay somewhere within walking distance of the nightlife, any apt reccomendations? Its only 3 days so looking for cheep and clean!!!

Mads

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,917 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Hotels Bali, Sirocco & Alay generally quote well. Apartments Doramar (cheap & cheerful) Apts Alay are close to the marina. Google Minerva or Jupiter apartments too. www.holidaylettings.co.uk will give you some ideas too. Have a look then question your preferences further on here.

How many in your party?

You will find some busy bars i am sure but it wont be heaving.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Mantalk, i'll chek out those apt!

There will probably 10 - 12 in our groups, not looking for heaving (been there done that ha ha) but do want to make sure that there is a bit of atmosphere etc around the bars.

For nightlight would the 24hr square be best???

Mads

3. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, January 04, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Hi Cath

Just to advise your post will probably be removed as Self Promotion/Advertising as it is against forum posting guidelines as per:

Not Permitted:

<<You cannot include:

Links to strictly commercial websites or a blog affiliated with or promoting any one property or business.

Links, contact information, or recommendations for your business, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler's needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property.>>

For the complete guidelines, click here: tripadvisor.co.uk/help/what_are_the_guidelin…

CB

5. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, January 04, 2013
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Would recommend MS Alay apartments We stayed there for stag do couple of years ago and going back this year. Big rooms, big pool/area and great location. We got it for 25pp per night.

Mentioned in this post
MS Alay Apartments
MS Alay Apartments
417 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,917 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Head for Bonanza Sq/Ibensa Sq bars for earlier evening drinks as 24 hr sq doesnt get busy until midnight ish, the marina has a few good bars and is more clubby but again better later.

Ascot, England
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Bonaza square is very "English". My advice, go for a meal somewhere even if just a light bar thing or eat at the marina (more expensive but more sophisticated) and then either hang around the Marina where you will be most welcome by bars and discos/clubs. Maybe try out 24 hour sqaure on the first night to see if it suits you...more "in yer face" than the marina..beer 5 euro for 2 bottles..also 5 euro for one bottle!...the disco in 24 hour square you will get "hit" on constantly if you wish:). Youy can always decamp to the marina which is easily walkable from 24 hour. Marina all in all is more sophistcated where as 24 hour square is drinking and guys more obviously looking for girls who might make their night! Really depends on how loud and in "yer face" as a hen party you may be:)

Ascot, England
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

Have you spotted this:)I sent them your link...lol tripadvisor.in/…46309690

Malaga, Spain
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hen in Benalmadena - May 3rd - 6th 2013

if your looking for somewhere with a great atomosphire i would recomend cjs karaoke bar just up from bonanza sqauare i had a great night there last night and they had a stag night which were having a fantastic time , there are lots of bars and resturants near by to we ate at casa camilions before and it was great , 24 hour square is good for a boggie but you realy need to go there latter on in your night , hope this is of some help .