We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Topic
Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

Hey everyone

Just a word of warning, if you have a pooch or take your hosts pooch out for it's constitutional then beware that the Local Police are now under strict instructions from the Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) to issue fines for not clearing up doggie mess !!

Fines will range between €500 and €1500 !!

Also, anyone caught dumping commercial or yard rubbish illegally can face a fine of up to €61,000 !!!

Finally, anyone finding themselves cut short on the way home from a late night tipple if caught can face a fine of between €751 and €1500 !!

Yes, i did say 751 - some of the fine amounts are bizarre lol.

Thankfully this problem is not that prevalent but it's nice to see Benalmadena Ayuntamiento taking a proactive approach to this, and it's just a shame other resorts don't follow suit.

CB

hampshire
Level Contributor
567 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

We were staying at Pueblo del Parque CB so useing the road that goes down to where the flea market is held or the road up to Arroyo and it was bad both ways Perhaps the dog owners use the back roads so they arent caught !!

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

Highly probable @city - ;-) it's just so unnecessary, i fail to see if people live in that area (which presumably they do) why would they allow the mess their dogs leave to degrade the area?

Would hate to see the insides of their dwellings... eeuuurrghhh !!

CB

england
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

I wish they would go onto Arenal Golf we were there over Christmas and there was mess everywhere - it is awful it really ruins a lovely complex!

grimsby lincs
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

cb your final fines summary alluded to anyone caught short and that's why I added it on the thread.

Edited: 2:38 pm, January 02, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

Sorry tuts, i was replying to exactly the same topic in another forum/group and have so much going on i got myself all in confussed!!

CB

16. Re: Clean Up Or Pay The Price !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 06, 2014