We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rhondda
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
passport

anyone know how long you need before your passport expiry to go to spain

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: passport

I think you need a minimum of six months on your passport to go anywhere.

Saludos. Lindsay

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport

No as long as your passport is in date on your return your OK,

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: passport

hazel is correct. There is no minimum validity requirements for entry into Spain as long as your passport is valid for the duration of your visit and your return to the UK.

CB

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport

can also confirm that Hazel is right, my son had 3 days left on his return, he checked before he arrived at the out bound airport.

A point to remember is that you can renew with 9 months to go and your new passport will start the day your old one expires. This allows you to plan the best time to renew depending on your travel plans.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: passport

I am glad I put my tuppence worth in and got it wrong, otherwise I would still be thinking the same. My youngest has almost finished his training as a Deck Officer with the Merchant Navy. He got a new five year passport when he was marginally under 16 (I think) and when he started his training at 17 we had to go and buy a new 10 year one. Done or what!!!

6. Re: passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena