We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Benalmadena

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Merthyr Tydfil
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Benalmadena

Going to Benalmadena on the 12th July for a week 2 x 28 year old Male's, what is the nightlife like?

1. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 am, April 15, 2014
hampshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

very good nightlife around the marina,very expensive about treble the price of the local bars

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Hey

I guess it depends what you look for in a night out. You really have two choices, the 24 hours square (althought its not open for 24 hours lol ) or Puerto Marina, (also known as Deportivo )

The cheapest and most popular with "giddies" (non spanish people) is the 24 hour square, next to MacDonalds. There are really only a few decent bars to go to, you will suss them out when you are there, and the club, again for non spanish, is Mangos, which usually shuts around 7am, but thats about it..

A couple of words of warning, dont leave your drink for a second, spikings are becoming more and more frequent, and try your best not to get into any fights, especially if you dont speak spanish, as the police here dont slap you on the wrist and give you a fixed penalty, they really do show you who is boss if you know what i mean.

The marina, whilst a real cool places to go, is as the other poster said, VERY expensive for what it is, and as such is usually dominated by spanish! The reason for its cost is predominantly because the rents are so high there, but also because the spanish drink on the streets and spend very little in the bars, (usually buying water) hence they have to make their money somewhere!

Hope thats useful to ya.

Bolton
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Hi Im off to benalmadena for my hen do in November 08 could you tell me were the best night life is at this time of year.

Thanks

JC

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Hi Jill

The nightlife will be in the same places, however there will be far less people around basing that on how it was last year and how it is now. It is very quiet, and it seems winter has come early over here unfortunately. That doesnt mean to say you cant have a wiked time.

How many of you will there be and roughly what is the age range?

Bolton
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Its a mixed group age wise, from 19 to 50 but we are all young at heart, we like a good laugh and drink,I have been to benalmadena twice my self this year with my partner, Feb and May and we found it quiet in areas, We are staying at the Bali Hotel, I think thats up near Bonanza sq?, we are flying out Sat 22nd Nove till 25th Tuesday, so we are only there 3 nights so dont want to drag 15 women over there and spend 2 nights looking for nightlife, so could you advise me were best and whats the weather like?

Thanks

JILL

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Hey Jill

Firstly, for the weather please check this thread...

"For_anyone_enquiring_about_the_weather_

short_or_long_term"

Secondly re the nightlife.. You really have 3 choices.. The Marina, The 24 hour square, or your local bars..

I would think that there is not that much "fun" stuff going on locally, but more community drinking etc if that makes sense. The Marina can be good, but also pricey, then of course you have the 24 hour square.

I could possibly have the perfect place for you however, if its ok for me to send you a private message i will do and can explain all, as it is not permitted to advertise on here.

Thanks.

Bolton
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Were is this 24hrs sq is it at side of Mcdonalds, cause if it is it didnt seem very lively when we was there earlier this year but it was only 11pm? Dont mind you sending me message regards the other place.

Thanks

JILL

Grimsby
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Nightlife was great!! 24 hours place is simple the best. To be honest.. we went there last weekend for my friend's Hen weekend!! We all had a fantastic time!! So yours will be same too!!

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
837 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightlife in Benalmadena

Are there places in Benalmadena that have shows, cabarets etc? Looking for somewhere that does not have karaoke in every bar, ie like Albufeira?

Thanks.