We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena Palace

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
11 posts
Save Topic
Benalmadena Palace

Can someone please advise as to whether Benalmadena Palace Aparthotel and Hotel & Spa Benalmadena Palace are separate hotels or one and the same? I can see both when I go on Google Earth, but on different websites for the 2 hotels, many photos show the same hotel with the same indoor pool and curvy outdoor pool. When I look at review sites, I generally just find one of the 2 hotels reviewed, not both. On Trip Advisor, I find Hotel & Spa BP, but not just BP. On Google Earth the pool for BP looks rectangular, but not so when I go on details for the hotel I am thinking of booking.

I hope this makes sense!

Benalmadena Pueblo
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Benalmadena Palace

You are right to check as they are two separate hotels. One is Hotel SPA Benalmadea Palace which is just a little back from the seafront, and the other is Aparthotel Benalmadena Palace, which is in the Arroyo De La miel, close to the railway station.

The SPA is obviously better for facilities and the beach, the other one is more basic, but convenient for buses through to most local destinations and trains running between Fuengirola throught to Malaga city via the airport. I hope this helps to make up your mind.

England
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Benalmadena Palace

Thanks for the reply and the info - that does make things somewhat clearer. Do you know whether the 2 hotels are linked at all because when googling, the same photos seem to appear for both hotels and I cannot distinguish one from the other?

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benalmadena Palace

Alan, I can't think of any aparthotel near Arroyo de la Miel rail station, even though I have been a regular visitor there (Arroyo, not the station) for more than 20 years.

The only Benalmadena Palace I have come across is the one up from the Vistamar, near Sunset Beach.

Curiously, although a Google search reveals a Benalmadena Palace Spa AND a Benalmadena Palace Aparthotel, the address given for both is Calle Camino de Gilabert.

As you live just a mile up the road, please put me out of my misery, and clear up this conundrum.

Benalmadena Pueblo
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Benalmadena Palace

Tony, the Aparthotel Benalmadena Palace shows the address as De Gilabert, which is the road running behind the railway station at the Arroyo. I have walked from the Tivoli car park down to the station dozens of times and to be honest have not noticed any entrance. However, it is clearly shown on the Aparthotel map so it must be there.

I will have a close look in the next couple of days when I am in the Arroyo ( which after the rain a few days ago should be called Rio De La Miel, it was bubbling out of the drains ). Back to normal today.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benalmadena Palace

Hi ladylol

Just wondering if you had any luck distinguishing between these two hotels?

Unfortunately, I made my booking and paid before I read your question.

Thanks,

LJ.

England
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Benalmadena Palace

Hi LJ,

I never really did solve the conundrum, but the one I had booked was the one up the short steep hill 50 or so metres from the beach. I looked out for the other one near the railway station, but never did spot it. It was good and we got it at a really reasonable price.

Enjoy!

Ladylol

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benalmadena Palace

Ok thanks a mill, fingers crossed!

8. Re: Benalmadena Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena