We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday village

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincs
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
holiday village

Hi going here in three weeks time, can anyone tell me what the weather will be like? Also the sleeping arrangements in the living room, do you get two sofa beds? Thanks

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday village

Hi we came back on the 25th may. The weather was lovely 1 day was overcast but the rest of the week was lovely. In our room we had 2 beds pulled together in the bedroom and a sofa with a pull out bed underneath i think you can sleep on the sofa if needs be. If you want anymore info please just ask!

Liza

lincs
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday village

Thanks for that. Hope you had a good time.

We have booked self catering but alot of people seem to be upgrading to all inclusive would you advise this? Did you go on any day trips that you could recommend we have got a 15 year old and a 4 year old or was there enough to do onsite. Finally is there any building work going on that ruined your holiday?

Many thanks

scotland
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday village

Hiyah

there is building work going on, we wer'nt really disturbed but it ruins the views. theres mini golf and the pools & also they've got a scedual of things they do but some stuff they charge for which the 15 year old will like but some they charged for (3euro for football)

im not sure if it would be good upgrading to all inclusive (cause i didnt pay for the holiday) but if you go to the marina - theres a cheap supermarket there. its 10euros for a taxi and 1 euro something for bus

we went on the gilbralter tour, the kids might like that as there monkey and dolphins but if you can get someone to look after them i would as its very cheep for alcohol, tabaco & perfume, the rest of the things where reasonable priced but you can bargain with the traders. ( one thing i have to warn about this is there was something up with the tour company that takes you along the rock - we had to wait for about 2 hours for the tour as some tour company wanted there people to go first but the way the rest of it was planned out there wasnt really any time to go to the loo ect. in between.)

medway
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday village

Hi, Just got back from Port Aventura in Spain and we are looking for a holiday nnext year- is it worth going here- we will be travelling with extended family and have 3 young children to entertain (3,4 &6) We have seen in the brochure that you can do a day out to the water park and a amusement park- is this true and what do you reckon??

We're not the kind to sit aound the pools all day nor do we dump the kids in kids clubs as we want quality family time away without getting food poisoning or being too hot, but we like a tan!!

Please give me your expert opinion and also are there family rooms, interconnecting rooms and what is the place like for those with disabilities??

Thanks

XX

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday village

I personally take offence at your "dumping kids in kids clubs" comments.

I have a son who has adhd, that two hours he goes to kids club saves my sanity!!!! And gives me and his dad two much needed hours of relaxation and quality time together. The rest of the entire fortnight we spend doing stuff with him and keeping him occupied, extremely hard work. I think we deserve our little two hour break?

Kent
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday village

Hi,

Would value your opinion of the holiday on your return as thinking of booking a holiday for next year at the Holiday Village and also have a 15, 12 and 4 year old.

Would be helpful to know if they cater for all ages.

Have a wonderful time.

Julie

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday village

The Holiday Village is actually in the middle of nowhere - being neither Benalmadena nor Fuengirola but there is a bus stop outside with a quarter hourly service into both resorts.

Situated just across the coast road from the sea/beach - access via a bridge across the busy road. The Village comprises part of the Holiday World complex and, depending on where abouts your accommodation is situated, you could have quite a long walk down to the beach.

The seafront area across the bridge is going to look lovely - when it is finished; at the moment there is intensive building work going on but this didn´t seem to be bothering people we saw round the pool the other day.

This is mainly an All Inclusive location with a small amount of Self Catering accommodation - beware if booking self catering as some facilities then come with an admission charge.

With the ongoing work I would suggest the Village as a destination for 2008 rather than this Summer.

8. Re: holiday village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 02, 2009