We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt International Airport to Hanh Airport

California
3 posts
Save Topic
Frankfurt International Airport to Hanh Airport

I am arriving internationally into Frankfurt Rhein-Main Airport and want to take a Ryan Air flight out of Hanh Airport. I have to come back the same way to catch an outbound connection. I can take a day or two at each end to see things of interest at the same time. What is the best way to make my way between the two airports? Is there public transportation--buses/trains--and how long would it take. Would it be wiser to rent a car at one airport and drop off at the other? What can I visit between?

I love the Ryan Air prices, but the airport locations are sometimes horrible. If anyone wants to know about Kerry or Shannon airport in Ireland, just ask. At least they are located to interesting places.

Thanks for all the wisdom on the Frankfurt end.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,577 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt International Airport to Hanh Airport

There are shuttle buses between Frankfurt International Airport and Hahn Airport.

www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx…

Close to Hahn is the Moselle Valley with cute medieval towns like Bernkastel-Kues.

www.bernkastel.de/cms/cms/front_content.php…

What you could do with some time is to use the shuttle buses to Trier or Koblenz and explore the Middle Rhine Valley and/or the Moselle Valley.

http://www.trier.de

http://www.welterbe-mittelrheintal.de

A good deal to travel around in this region is the Rhineland-Palatinate Ticket. Covers all regional trains and other local public transport in the state Rhineland-Palatinate and a bit beyond for one day (Frankfurt Airport is however not covered). Also not covered the shuttle buses to/from Hahn.

Rhineland-Palatinate Ticket Single (1 person) EUR 18,00

Rhineland-Palatinate Ticket (2-5 persons) EUR 26,00

map with railroads/stations covered

bahn.de/regional/view/mdb/alle/dbregio/ausfl…

Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt International Airport to Hanh Airport

Hi

I realize it's probably the most expensive way (except for hiring a car with driver). However, keep it for just in case, if you need a last-minute rush solution

When I was in Frankfurt, I used taxi service. The airport pick up I ordered by online booking from the web page of the company- it is

taxi - online - booking . com

(without intervals)

After sending request, you get via e-mail the price for the destination indicated by you. No obligations from your part at this stage. IF you are OK with the price, you send confirmation.

In the booking/confirmation form I announced that I go to the departure airport immediately after submitting my request, and if they need to contact me, they should call me on my mobile. I was nicely surprised to get their confirmation by phone, as addition to the one sent to my e-mail address.

The service was perfect, as I indicated card payment at booking, they sent me car equipped with card system. My flight had serious delay; however I was not charged additionally for this as possible waiting is included in the price (the one which applies for meeting arrivals only; the price for same destination but vice versa was lower)

Everything was quite accurate and I had no bothers at all.

For sightseeing AROUND Frankfurt I cannot advice you as I didn't go out of the city

Enjoy

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt International Airport to Hanh Airport

I strongly suggest two things:

Spend at least half a day at Bernkastel-Kues in the Mosel river valley. It's only like 20mins from Hahn airport.

And do visit the following sights in Frankfurt before taking the Ryanair bus to Hahn from the main train station. They're all withing walking distance of each other:

frankfurt.de/sixcms/media.php/738/frankfurt_…

4. Re: Frankfurt International Airport to Hanh Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 15, 2009