We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premantura, Vinkuran, Kastel or St. Valeta (Vabriga)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Premantura, Vinkuran, Kastel or St. Valeta (Vabriga)

Hope you can help. I've now narrowed my accommodation search down to the areas below:-

Premantura,

Vinkuran,

Kastel, near Slovenia,

St. Valeta (Vabriga)

We fly into Pula and depending on where we choose, will hire a car. We would somewhere where we can go for evening meals/drinks within walking distance, without taking a car.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the not so popular areas that I have chosen, please?

I am now at my wits end, looking for suitable accommodation for our requirements (air con, wi-fi, swimming pool). I have spent the last 2 or 3 weeks looking but as I said in a previous post we fly Tues to Tues in the middle of August and have two teenagers (!). Although I was advised to leave out the pool - we would really like that option. All of the apartments in the areas I have highlighted have everything we need.

Hoping someone can help. Thank you

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Premantura, Vinkuran, Kastel or St. Valeta (Vabriga)

Premantura - hands down.As you'll see - it wipes floor with other three.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premantura, Vinkuran, Kastel or St. Valeta (Vabriga)

I can't say Premantura is my most favourite place but if you've found good accommodation that suits you then I would choose it over Vinkuran. The other two places I'm afraid I don't know. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Kefa seems to know about Kastel and Vabriga and isn't impressed. There are some good things about Premantura in that it's next to Kamenjak. Am I right in thinking that you will have 2 sons with you? They would love it. Look for the hidden cafe bar and it's great for swimming. Look at www.kamenjak.hr We also had an excellent meal there last year at Restaurant Fra-Kat in the centre and we're considering returning there next month - hopefully to catch the crab season. It is also well positioned because if you have a car you are close to Pula, Fazana where you can get to Brijuni islands and up to Vrsar and Rovinj and inland towns without a problem.

I do hope you manage to get fixed up at last. Let us know how you get on.

3. Re: Premantura, Vinkuran, Kastel or St. Valeta (Vabriga)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Istria