We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

Hi

We were supposed to fly from LHR to ZAG but found a really cheap fare from ryanair to fly from Stansted to Pula for 40 Pounds total for the 2 of us. We are trying to save money which is why we chose this. We can save money and see Istria at the same time. However, im hearing that the best way to get from Pula to Rovinj to LJU is a car which means it will be more expensive. Are there more economical means without killing ourselves :) to get

1. From Pula airport to Pula

2. From Pula to Rovinj - I saw this http://www.brioni.hr/ . Is this ithe only option?

3. From Rovinj to Ljubljana

If we cant find a cost effective means then we would just skip Istria and fly to Zagreb. Thanks so much

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

Are you wanting to stop of and spend time in Pula and Rovinj Or go directly to Llubljana? If you are wanting to spend time in these places you could get the bus from the Airport into Pula and pick up a bus to Rovinj then take the Ljubljana bus from Rovinj. If you want to go directly Pula - Ljubljana the bus goes at some ungodly hour like, I think 5. a.m, and stops off in Rovinj. You can get details and schedules by going to www.pulainfo.hr

Rovinj is charming and the old town a gem and Ljubljana is pretty nice too i.e. the smallest capital city I've been to. Hope this helps.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

We actually want to stop in Pula and Rovinj. I know Rovinj is worth the stop but is Pula worth the stop as well? My only concern is how to get from the airport to the bus station that will take us to Pula center.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

Did you even check the website Danny suggested?

pulainfo.hr/en/prijevoz/transfer-airport/26/

And there's always taxi. For two of you it might be a better option.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

First of all you do not say what time of year you will be travelling. If it is out of season this may affect the bus from the airport.

Pula: It depends on what your interests are. Pula is a 3,000 year old city and the largest in Istria. It is not a resort like Rovinj but a working town. It has a tourist enclave about 2 miles outside the Centre called Verudela. If you are into Roman antiquities then Pula is full of them including the magnificent amphitheatre overlooking the harbour and marina and also the Temple of Agustus situated in the Forum. It has a wonderful morning market under the trees and surrounded by many cafe bars and restaurants. Again it all depends on what sails your boat.

As for getting from the airport to Pula, c. 10 miles you can get the airport bus which will take you to the bus station in central Pula or take a taxi. If you look at the link I gave you it will give prices.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

Yes I did check that link, there seems to be no bus service from the airport to Pula. We plan to get there on a Saturday leaving from London at 6 am. We might just take a taxi to Pula from the airport. Our trip is in mid May. We love culture and sightseeing and just seeing history. We are not going to Eastern Europe for resort type of trips.

Croatia
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

Check once again. There are buses at 10:15, 18:00 & 20:45.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

2funky is correct. I think you must have been looking at the winter timetable where there are no airport buses on Saturdays. If you scroll a bit further down you will see the summer timetable at the times 2funky quotes. However, if I were you I'd go for the taxi as the airport bus timetables are not totally reliable as we learnt to our cost last year. You will also be able to see taxi pricings from the link I gave you.

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
916 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

I was at Pula airport last week and will add a few observations to the good information already given to you.

1) The bus was waiting outside the right hand exit rather than in front of the airport.

2) When using the taxi pricing chart, the fare into Pula should not be more than 70Kn. In my experience with taxi drivers in Pula, they have nearly always tried to rip me off. Always agree the price before getting into the car.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

Good advice from TowerofFlower.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pula airport -> Pula -> Rovinj -> Ljubljana

I always try to avoid taxis coz I pay more and they always overcharge but thats exactly what I need toweroflour. A reference point for the prices coz i hate overpaying :) We are thinking of staying in Rovinj for 2 days and overnight in Pula does that seem reasonable?

We decided to just fly into LJU take the bus to Rovinj and then another bus to Pula and then drive from Pula to Dubrovnik since car rentals doesnt seem to be expensive and im thinking its a scenic drive along the coast. Do they drive in the right side of the road like here in the US or is it like England where they drive left?

Thanks for all your responses