We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having a great time

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Having a great time

I promise to write up a real report but wanted to say I'm having a feat time! Went truffles hunting today and we found two ! The hill towns of motovum and groznjan were great!!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,066 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Having a great time

How is the weather and how were the truffles?

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having a great time

We have been very lucky with the weather. It rained the last two days but only on and off. The truffles are great. I'm getting a huge dose. In rovinj now at casa Bella which is beautiful.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having a great time

We have been very lucky with the weather. It rained the last two days but only on and off. The truffles are great. I'm getting a huge dose. In rovinj now at casa Bella which is beautiful.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,066 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having a great time

You can say that again! Glad things are going well....can't wait to someday try truffles.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Having a great time

You'll love them. Make sure u get white and black ones.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,718 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Having a great time

The white are the most prized which is indicated by flavour, aroma and the price. We have truffles whenever we are in Istria. They are truly intoxicating. Once you try them, they will be imprinted upon your memory always.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
853 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Having a great time

November is the month dedicated at truffles and the new wine, just on November 11 is the St. Martin Day:

coloursofistria.com/events-2012/food-and-win…

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,718 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Having a great time

Yes! Sometimes we are in Istria in November as well and enjoy the St. Martin's Day celebrations. Unlike anything we have here in Alberta, that is for sure! :-)

9. Re: Having a great time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Istria