We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Can anyone update this for June/July 2011 please?

16 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

SNCF does not show trains more than 3 months ahead. For your planning, assume that the present service will continue.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,229 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

I am not really sure what the question is. To my knowledge there are no direct tains to Auvers-s-Oise. Generally it's RER C to Pontoise, change trains to Auvers.

http://www.transilien.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Thanks for your reply. A second reply came saying to try www.transilien.com. Their timetable starts Monday 4 April, so I will try then. The direct train ran in 2009 and last year, leaving 0956, arriving auvers 1028, returning 1818, arriving 1851 - only Sat/Sun/Public hols. from the first Sunday in April to last Sunday in October. They even gave the Gar du Nord Platform 34! Sounds like a good day out. Dale, Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Thanks for your reply. I tried 3 websites which gave me the direct train details. Thanks for the transilien.com website. I will give it a go closer to their cutoff of April 3.

Hong Kong
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Does anyone know if we can book in advance the direct train tickets online from Nord to Auvers? I read thru the www.transilien.com but could not find a button to book ticket.

If not, does it mean tickets must be bought at train station? Can I buy it at any train station e.g. CDG airport train/metro station or at St Lazare? How much in advance we can buy it? Would it be very full usually? To buy May 15 on May 10-would it be too late (fully booked)?

If anyone knows the answers, please help. Many many thanks

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

ahhung - I think I already answered your question here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g562716-i17002-k43…

In case I was not clear enough...

You cannot book these tickets in advance. You can buy them at any SNCF (not métro) ticket window including those at CDG and St-Lazare. These are commuter trains and cannot be "fully booked" but your ticket does not guarantee you a seat either. OTOH it is very unlikely that the trains in question would be so crowded that you would have to stand for any part of the journey except at rush hour on a weekday.

Hong Kong
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Dear IrisRovr

Thank you so much for your clear explanation. I will then buy ticket, may be 1 day before our trip.

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Is anyone able to tell me if they are still doing the direct train on Sundays and will continue to do so in April of 2013?

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

May, the direct train to Auvers has been running for the past 9 years so I don't see why it wouldn't be renewed in 2013. This year's dates were March 31 to October 21. It runs on weekends and holidays only.

Ramsey, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise

Does the direct train to Avuers from Paris run on Fridays

Reply to: Direct train from gare du nord to auvers-sur-oise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Auvers-sur-Oise