We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

Which Tuban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

I became a member of the HI club (free) and read somewhere that I can receive discount on food etc at the Holiday Inn Tuban if I present this. Has anyone done this, and what things can you get discount on? Also, how much is the discount?

We are staying there this Sept.

Thanks in advance!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,250 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

The free internet offered as part of the IHG Rewards membership is actually even better than people realise. The members DO NOT have to have a reservation to use this benefit. So when travelling and you happen to be staying at a different hotel, you can walk into the lobby of any IHG participating (Europe is the current exception, and property specific in Australia) hotel, and be provided with internet access.

The most recent IHG Rewards T&C's

"Internet Access for Members: Beginning January 2014, standard internet access will be available to all IHG® Rewards Club members at no additional cost at all IHG hotels located in the Americas, Greater China, Asia, Middle East and Africa ***with or without a hotel reservation*** and/or qualifying stay"

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn 3 times & are looking forward to our 4th time this Nov. Membership also entitles you to late check out. Points are accrued from your stay - we managed to have a free room for one night last trip. As other posters have said, Envy is really good, had some of the best cocktails of our trip there & there's no taxes. The little onsite shop has reasonable priced drinks & snacks as well. Cheers, Nelly

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

Can any member have free late checkout or do you need to be at a certain level?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,250 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

Extended Check Out (Late Check Out) is available for ALL member levels, at participating hotels. So it is property dependent, not automatic inclusion.

www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/enjoy-rewards

If you ever have one particular year where you know you'll travel a lot, and they have InterContinental hotels at those destinations, the IHG Ambassador membership is extremely good value. It is a paid program, but as stated, if you know you're going to travel a lot in a given year, the benefits are huge, even locally.

ihg.com/intercontinental/…ambassador

10 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

Hi. I signed up to IHG but never received a card. I have the phone app which shows my membership information. Do you think that will be sufficient to show reception next month at holiday inn ?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

Yes, I never actually received a card. They just noted my membership number when I booked and all discounts were automatically applied

10 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

That's great to know Jamesies, thank you. I have noticed the app allows you to open up a screen print of your card as well

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

After reading all your posts I realised how much I love this hotel. We stay here every year but this year we will be trying the new Holiday Inn at Benoa, I really hope it is as nice and friendly as the one in Tuban. We love Envy, in fact we ate there most nights. The rewards card is great value and last year we had two free nights accommodation. The Holiday Inn in Phuket, you get 15% off everything booked to your room. Including all resturants and bars.

19. Re: Holiday Inn- using HI membership card for discounts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, April 18, 2016