We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Which Tuban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Hi

We are staying in Tuban for 6 nights and I was hoping to purchase or have made a leather jacket. Does anyone recommend a tailor in either Tuban/Kuta/Legian? Approx. how much will I be paying? and how long does it take to have one made?

Thanks

George Town...
Level Contributor
433 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Dolphin Leather in Garlic Lane have a good selection ready made or will make you one in 2-3 days>Cost is $AUD 100-$AUD 125

avalon beach nsw...
Level Contributor
602 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Tommy's Leather in JL Padma Legian - left handside 3/4 way down heading towards the beach. They have some on the rack and make in approximately 1 week. They have a good range of styles and lots of books for you to look through and have beautiful leather (lots of colours) and the workmanship is fabulous. They also have a good selection of copy bags such as Oroton. The coats are around $130.00 and the bags $65. If you buy a few they will offer a 10% discount. Happy shopping!

Sydney
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

We recently had Made from Lembi Leather make jackets and boots for us. Have had so many comments about them when we got back, he will come to you at your hotel and if you have some photos of different things you like he can mix and match them. His English was great also as his wife is Australian and he used to live on the Gold Coast, he can be contacted on 08174720159.

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Thanks for your info..... where was the shop please?

Sydney
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

He came to us at our hotel, he was recommended to us by friends and we happily now pass on his details to everyone. Just give him a call and he will come to see you.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
320 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

We have used this man for over 10 years, he comes to your hotel and his english is great, he made my grandaughter a leather trench coat that was so soft, simply stunning as were the boots he made her Adrian+6285237493931. this is the number from Australia you can sms him and make arrangements before you arrive, as with all things you have made in Bali do it as soon as you can to allow time for any alterations. Tell Mick and Cheryl reccomended him and we will see him in June.

Perth
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Hi there

we are heading to Tuban in 4 weeks and also want to get leather jackets made.

Can you tell me who you ended up getting them made with and the approx cost?

Thanks

Tracey

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

I can highly recommend Jermyn Street leather in Poppies 1, Kuta. It's nearly opposite TJ's Mexican. I have had several leather jackets made there over the years, as have my friends, and we have always been extremely happy with the workmanship and price. You need to give the tailor about a week to make the jackets. You will first be measured, and then when you go back to pick up the jacket, if there are any alterations to be made, they will do them. Depending on what length the coat is, you could expect to pay about $70 to $80, maybe less.

Perth
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Great, thank you

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leather Jacket - where to buy and what to pay?

Is Made only available in Tuban or will he travel to Sanur - we are looking at having replicas of our leather sandals made whilst over there.... we leave in less than 48 hours :)