We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas day 2009

Perth
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
Xmas day 2009

Our family (children 9&9) will be staying at Santika Hotel and flying out after midnight, on Boxing day (00:30 26 Dec 2009). Could you suggest what to do on Xmas day and where to have Xmas lunch/dinner so the girls will still feel the festive season/spririt (I know Bali is not exactly Christian and we are neither but children being children and all that).

We would probably be exhausted by then so last minute shopping: maybe but not all day (my wife might still have the energy but not me nor my daughters). How about: swimming pool @ Hard Rock Hotel ? Bali Hai cruise ? Safari ? Water Bom ? Thank for any input.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas day 2009

Bali is not Christian but they do go to an enormous amount of trouble to help those who are, have a lovely festive season. You will find that most, if not all hotels will have a Christmas lunch and dinner that you can attend, or many of the restuarants will do likewise.

Waterbom park might be good fun for your children and you two as well. There's lots of different water activities to suit all tastes, ie water slides, lazy river ride on tubes, swimming pools and much more...

I'm sure you will love spending Christmas in Bali. See how many different types of tree you see and all the wonderful decorations that they hang on them.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,933 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas day 2009

A day at waterbom park would be both fun and relaxing. you can walk from santika. apart from the water slides you can also enjoy massages. Santika hotel are involved in the south kuta passport program so you will get a voucher book with discounts. there is a voucher for waterbom which includes lunch in the book. if you e mail the hotel you can check if they offer a xmas lunch / dinner . some hotels have a compulsory meal. If this is the case you could get a pass out at waterbom, have your compulsory lunch at the hotel (which is usually pricy) and then return in the afternoon. i am sure what ever you choose to do it will be very special having xmas in bali.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas day 2009

Most hotels have Christmas celebration and special games for the kids. If the hotel didn't let you know about the compulsory Christmas lunch/dinner, means you can get away with it.

All other activities will also have a special Christmas celebration, so you can go to Waterbom or take a cruise to Lembongan. Waterbom will be tiring if you spend all day there, so you may end up having a Christmas dinner in the hotel. I'll spend the Christmas day in the hotel with all the activities and go out for a special dinner at Jimbaran or join the night safari.

Hope it helps,

Sandra

Sandra

4. Re: Xmas day 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, April 10, 2010