We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rani vs Febri

Which Tuban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, WA
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rani vs Febri

Ive booked at the Febri but am considering a change to the Rani.

The Rani looks to be a "bigger" hotel. Bigger pool area, more onsite eating option, more facilities ie business centre(I will need net access), maybe more bars/atmosphere around the pool area. Is this right?

Most of the reviews on the Febri seem to write off the eating options there. We wont eat many meals at the hotel but some for sure.

As long as the rooms are clean and in good condition we will get by. Is either one noticeably different to the other?

Im having trouble finding the bedding options for the Rani whereas the Febri has 1 King with the pullout sofa. Any ideas on the Rani?

Will also have a 5 year old with us and the so called "Kids Club" at the Febri doesnt really stand up to scrutiny.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rani vs Febri

the rani is more 'balinese' style and more expensive. you will also have to pay extra for an extra bed for your child (i believe). i have stayed at the febris, it is newer, not a lot of atmosphere around the pool but still a good sized pool with a suitable kids area. as for the kids room it is a small air con room which is suitable for a 5 yr old. my daughter has just turned 5 and enjoys the kids room. not supervised but still a place to have some fun. it is not a supervised kids club. the pull out sofa is included in the price for your child and this hotel is cheaper than rani. there is internet connection. i take my lap top and i paid a small fee for connection. you need to sit in the lobby / restaurant or bar to get coverage. the restaurant is good, it serves nice food but we usually eat out. the buffet breakfast is very good. so much to choose from so you should be happy with that. the spa is one of the best available as well. there is plenty of choices for eating close to the hotel and even a convenience store across the road. the dynasty hotel across the road from the febris has one of the best kids clubs in bali.

Perth
Level Contributor
458 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rani vs Febri

It all depends on your budget. I have stayed at the Rani twice and loved it. They are now too expensive for us. We always ate at the Green Garden Hotel (sister hotel to the Febris) because we mainly shopped and were out and about doing activities. Our hotel was just a base. We had a triple room so it was a portable bed. REmember the pool lounge hoggers as well. We loved the location and the hotel. We are staying at the Febris in September and in January as it seems better value for money but can't tell you anything from experience. Dynasty is much more expensive than the Febris.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rani vs Febri

Well Asiarooms has the Rani for US$61/81 for the same time.

Have to wait a day for confirmation.

If prices were similar which would you choose?

4. Re: Rani vs Febri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 09, 2010