We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival

Melbourne
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on arrival

Is it true that credit card payment for the VOA is no longer accepted?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visa on arrival

The $25 per person in correct money and the only USD is totally false. You will very quickly learn that, in Bali, Legal tender is legal tender. They will most definetely accept other currencies. There are 8 of us in our party arriving on Friday and I will be handing over 2 x $100 US to them. There will not be a problem.

They do look at you a bit strangely though if you pay in rupiah. LOL been there done that....felt like a fool from the look I was given.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visa on arrival

Having now returned from yet another wonderful trip to Bali, I am now in a position to answer my own question.

For those interested in the current VOA situation, I can categorically state that you can NO LONGER pay for your VOA with a credit card.

Strictly CASH ONLY.

AUD and USD are accepted, but USD 25/per person is easiest (and quickest).

Brisbane
Level Contributor
300 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visa on arrival

Hi,

We did VOA on 25/01/2009 ex Virgin via Travelco Bali they wanted cash and now having observed the process can see why. You are taken past the immigration line by your greeter who then goes back to organise the visas. This suggests to me that part of the handling fee goes to Immigration in some way.

Although ther were not a lot of arrivals at the time using the ervice detered the porters from harrasing us and let us go straight theough Customs without having our bags inspected.

In the end I cannot answer the credit card question. However, I can see why it would not e accepted.

Hope this helps.

14. Re: Visa on arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, September 12, 2009