We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Sandys area

Jackson, TN
Level Contributor
15 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Sandys area

We are staying in a condo by the Watford Bridge. Is there a good breakfast spot close by ?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Sandys area

Yes, on the Watford Ferry dock. People going into Hamilton for work get their coffee there before they get on the ferry. They have a few tables or you can take away. There is also a little place in Somerset Village but I don't know what it's called. You can also get coffee in the pharmacy.

Not sure, but I think that they also serve breakfast in Amici's in the Dockyard.

You could also join the workers on the early ferries and go across to Hamilton to the Lemon Tree or Bouchee or the little cafe on the ferry dock in Hamilton. You will have to get back via the ferry to the Dockyard and then the bus as the ferry service to Watford Bridge is mainly run for commuters early morning and late afternoon.

Edited: 5:44 pm, June 11, 2012
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Sandys area

The Watford Ferry Dock cafe is called Cafe Du Quai I believe. They are open early morning to about 2.00 p.m. Also some evenings for "specials". Very good fish and chips on Saturday nights and Bermuda style breakfast on the weekend, salt cod etc. You would have to check the times for all this as they may be different at some times of the year. Very nice young man runs the place.

Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
48 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Sandys area

I am quite late on this post and I wish I would have seen it before our trip however, we 'happened' upon the Watford Ferry Dock cafe and it was wonderful! The kids (20, 19, 16) said it was the best lunch (very reasonably priced) that they had on the island. The folks working in the cafe were sweet, friendly, and helpful. We had a wide 'sampling' of items, grilled BBQ chicken sandwich, grilled spiced chicken sandwich, fries, pastry, egg sandwich - all delicious. As a side treat, the cook came out and gave some day old bread and pastry to the fish at the dock...what a feeding frenzy. It was a 'fun' little find.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Sandys area

Glad you enjoyed it. They make a very good breakfast sandwich, eggs bacon, cheese etc on toasted bread or Portuguese muffin sometimes. Whatever you want really. Good coffee. If you feel like having a chat there's usually some locals in there, taxi drivers taking a break etc.

5. Re: Restaurants in Sandys area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sandys Parish