We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Bermuda exciting enough for two twenty yr olds

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
is Bermuda exciting enough for two twenty yr olds

We are contemplating a summer getaway to Bermuda. We have two olde daughters, 22 and 18 years old. Will they be bored i.e. is there any nightlife in Bermuda?

Level Contributor
28,783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is Bermuda exciting enough for two twenty yr olds

I couldn't possibly say what does or doesn't bore your daughters but....do they enjoy touring about amid remarkable natural beauty ??...warmth and genuine hospitality and relative personal safety ??...incredibly magnificent (not simply an idle expression), uncrowded beaches ??...a few decent pubs and dance clubs in the evenings ?? If so...then they'll enjoy Bermuda. If not, then travel to the PHL airport together...put them aboard a flight to Vegas...and come to Bermuda on your own.

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is Bermuda exciting enough for two twenty yr olds

Thanks, we have been regular visitors to St. Thomas but never let them leave the hotel without us. I thought that Bermuda would ,in fact, be safe to allow them to venture out in the evening on their own. We spent our honeymoon there 25 years ago and loved it. But, we weren't sure if there would be enough for them to do in the p.m. So, now I know.

Again, thanks for responding

Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is Bermuda exciting enough for two twenty yr olds

Bermuda does have a nice nightlife-great bars and pubs-just take cab to front street in hamilton and bar hop, they will have a great time and beaches are beautiful. I have been going with my sister since we were teens and we always had a blast. It is a very safe town..

Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is Bermuda exciting enough for two twenty yr olds

To answer the question really depends on the individuals. If they expect Cancun or Daytona, they will be disappointed. The second issue is how will they get to the clubs? They really don't get going until 11 PM and close late or early depends on how you look at it (grin). The island has a lot of residents and there are clubs to accommodate their social needs but you have to decide your comfort level sending them out on their own and the transport method. A taxi is recommended vs a scooter at night. My teen LOVES Bermuda. She plays tennis, eats, swims, shops..we do afternoon tea and chill.

5. Re: is Bermuda exciting enough for two twenty yr olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sandys Parish
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now