We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

white Plains, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

My husband and I are planning a 5th anniversary trip to Bermuda in July. We want to relax, as we are the parents of 9 month old twins. Which hotel is a better bet for two stressed out parents who just want to relax on the beautiful Bermudian beaches?

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

Cambridge Beaches sounds the better option for what you are looking for, and it tends to have much more consistent reviews, if you check on the left of this page..

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

First of all many congratulations on your twin bundles of joy. Our daughter has a two year old and a nearly one year old, so I am well aware of baby joys and lack of sleep...

Are you hoping to have a break away from the little ones? I ask this as Cambridge has a no children policy now in place for the Spring/Summer/Autumn.

We love this hotel and its situation ( see my review of September last year), but you may well prefer the South Shore situation and beach of Elbow. Whichever you chose have a wonderful holiday, with or without the little ones.

white Plains, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

We are going without kids! Is one hotel more luxurious than the other?Which hotel has the nicer beach?

USA
Level Contributor
27,363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

Comparing the ELBOW BEACH HOTEL to CAMBRIDGE BEACHES is a bit like trying to compare apples to oranges. BOTH are fine properties...but with an entirely different '..feel..'. Elbow Baeach Hotel is a large, full-service resort/hotel, grounds well located on Bermuda's magnificent south shore. Cambridge Beaches is a smaller, more intimate Bermuda '..cottage colony..'--a fine and well appointed smaller 'boutique hotel'--located along Bermuda's well-protected, western shore. Either/both are fine choices for Bermuda. So to some extent, which property suits best will depend largely on your own presonal preferences and priorities. Both/either would be a fine choice.

Elbow Beach Hotel offers both more conventional 'hotel room/suite' accommodations in the large main building...as well as smaller 'cottage' accommodations (flower named) on the lushly landscaped lower-grounds (betweem main building and beach club). It is situated on the long strand of the famous Elbow Beach, along Bermuda's magnificent south shore. The water here will be mild-to-moderate surf. The hotel offers several on-premises dining options, with the Seahorese Grill being one of Bermuda's better dining options. The other on-premises dining options (Seabreeze Terace and Mickey's Beach Bistro) offer 'good' oceanfront dining options. Elbow Beach Hotel is also closer and more convenient to downtown Hamilton (15 mins), for its many other better dining options, nightlife and shopping.

ELBOW BEACHHOTEL INFO--

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/bermuda/

ELBOW BEACH HOTEL--Resort Map/Diagram--

mandarinoriental.com/bermuda/…resortmap.pdf

ambridge Beaches is a smaller, more intimate 'cottage colony', located a bit farther out, along Bermuda's western shore. Though smaller, it offers many of the amenities of a finer 'boutique hotel'--indoor & outdoor pools, spa, two of Bermuda's better dining rooms (Tamarisk Room, indoors and Breezes Terrace, outdoors. The beach here is quiet and well protected by the broad offshore barrier reef system, so the water here will mostly be flat/calm....with lovely ocean views and the potential of spectacular sunset views. Given it's west-end location, the Cambridge Beaches property will be a bit less 'convenient' to 'the rest of Bermuda'.

CAMBRIDGE BEACHES INFO--

http://www.cambridgebeaches.com/

Though either would be a fine choice...for the sort of 'getaway' visit you describe--"...two stressed out parents who just want to relax.."--I think that you may find CAMBRIDGE BEACHES the better choice of the two properties for your particular purpose.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

Hello; this sounds like a dream holiday. You just have to promise yourselves that you won't spend all day talking about the babies...

I have only stayed at Cambridge not Elbow so can only advise you on Cambridge. We love the Cambridge Suites which have everything you could possibly desire including a double whirlpool bath with candles (if that floats your boat)... and if you can really push the boat out the Pool Suites are as the Cambridge Suites but with the addition of your own private pool, which is not overlooked and is a decent small pool, not just a splash pool. I would always recommend a suite with contemporary decor as opposed to chintz, but that is my personal preference; just ask at the time of booking. The South Shore beaches where Elbow is situated are the best, but we are quite happy with the beaches at Cambridge. Please do check the website and all the photos for each property and do read the reviews. Have you thought about The Reefs? Cambridge is a smaller property than Elbow and believe me the staff are exceptional, but everyone is looking for a different experience on their holiday.

Do let us know where you chose and good luck with your choice.

pa
Level Contributor
539 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

We just came back from Elbow Beach and would say that one of the reasons we enjoyed Elbow Beach was it's location on the island. It was only 10 minutes or so from Hamilton and centrally located from the Dockyards and St. George or the airport. If you are planning on moving about the island, I would consider the location a factor as it takes about 45 minutes to get from one side to the other which can be substantial depending on how much of the rest of the island you would like to see.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

I prefer small and intimate so choose CB. I love their cuisine. It's simply amazing...

8. Re: Cambridge Beaches or Elbow Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, December 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sandys Parish