We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

senior citizen ladies interested in Laredo

Which Laredo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
senior citizen ladies interested in Laredo

We're in our 70's, very mobile and independent. Interested in going for an overnight possibly in Laredo. Read the Forums, but still a bit uneasy with crossing over (especially the week after the TExas primaries!). Would you recommend during the day? And, if so, can we get a taxi from the Laredo hotel into NL and back?

Laredo
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: senior citizen ladies interested in Laredo

Ladies excuse the lateness of this responce. I had no idea about this sight.

I am from Minnesota and have lived here in Laredo for 11 years. I am 60 years young.

Shopping in old down town Laredo is probably the only attraction here. The old down town area also has several historic buildings that you might wish to see if you do make the trip. Going into Mexico from Laredo is very easy and yes you can take a Taxi or if you are up to a short walk, it is an walk across the bridge, about 2 city blocks long. Nuevo Laredo offers a nice day visit. There are several nice resturants and of course many many pharmacies. The shopping is just like other border towns. I have never felt unsafe and I usally go by myself. I find the people much more friendly there than Laredo, TX. I think the people here are rude and very self absorbed.

Also just a passing note, it is very hot here, so be prepared for it.

Sorry for all the negativism, Laredo is not an easy place to live if you are an outsider. Politically, a very corrupt city. Honesty is better than lies any day. Take care ladies and enjoy what ever you choose to do.

Louise

2. Re: senior citizen ladies interested in Laredo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 21, 2009