We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail Of Lights

Bossier City
2 posts
Save Topic
Rail Of Lights

This is a 40 minute theme-park style steam train ride through a wooded area with decorated lighted scenes. If you like and appreciated steam-trains, this may be worth it. If you just came to look at Christmas lights, you may like and you may not. The lighted scenes were spaced apart though some were nice looking. The generators at a couple of scenes were not working. The operators tend to over-book, so seating was VERY tight and uncomfortable. Come early or your children will sit with strangers or you party will be split up. Over all, a nice little ride though uncomfortable.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail Of Lights

Thanks for the review. I was considering going this year. Not so sure now as I would be there to look at Christmas lights, the train would merely be the method of doing so. Is there anything else going on in Jefferson this time of year that would make it worth the trip over there?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail Of Lights

Oops, it double posted my reply.

Edited: 8:18 am, December 05, 2010
Bossier City
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rail Of Lights

First of all, though I was a little critical of the Trail Of Lights, my accolades to the folks who bought this train and maintain it. It takes special people to do this and not just anyone can. As far as other attractions in Jefferson, I believe there is a Christmas parade on Monday. They have nice antique shops and bed & breakfast. Just Google Jefferson, Texas. I might also recommend Kitt's Cornbread Sandwich Shop. Nothing else like it.

4. Re: Rail Of Lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 04, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Jefferson
More Jefferson Topics