We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from the airport to md anderson

illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
from the airport to md anderson

i need to get from the airport to md anderson area so what are my choices....is there a bus or train to there. didnt really want to rent a car as i dont need it except for this trip. if you have any suggestions, be specifc as i cant get the bus or train maps to come up so i havent a clue what is available. thanks for anything you can suggest! atague

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from the airport to md anderson

Are you flying into IAH-Bush Intercontinental or Hobby?

Bus and metro routes are found at www.ridemetro.org. I don't recall there being any shuttle type service from the airports, so may need to do a taxi or towncar/limo type service.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from the airport to md anderson

Here's a page that includes taxi fares and airport shuttle info

houston-guide.com/guide/info/infotravel.html

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
273 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from the airport to md anderson

If you're flying on Continental and arrive in Terminal C, exit towards the side for parking lot shuttles, rental car shuttles, and Metro bus. Go to the very last island and head to a makeshift shed. You want the 102 bus that will take you to Downtown Houston. Check ridemetro.org for the 102 schedule and times. When you're on the 102, it takes about an hour or less to get from the airport to downtown. You want to get off at St. Joseph Parkway and Main Street. You will know when this stop is coming because the bus driver will make a turn and you will be alongside Interstate-45. At this stop, you'll be close to the Downtown Transit Center MetroRail stop. Hop onto the light rail going Southbound and get off at Dryden/TMC. This should take about 20min. Once you get off at the Dryden stop, you'll be around a Chipotle Burritto and Starbucks on one side and Texas Childrens and St. Lukes on the other. MD Anderson is on the otherside of these 2 hospitals on Bertner. People that work in the Texas Medical Center (TMC) are very friendly and if you get lost, they'll help point you in the right direction. As for tickets, I'd recommend the $2 Day Pass that you pay when you board the 102 at the airport. This allows you to ride all Metro busses and MetroRail for a 24-hr period. Hold onto it just in case MetroPolice decides to do ticket checks.

I usually take the 102 to and from the airport and work in the Medical Center. Feel free to msg me for anything else.