We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston hotels near Rice

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Houston hotels near Rice

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a nice hotel near Rice University.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston hotels near Rice

I think the Hotel Zaza is going to be your best bet. It is scheduled to open sometime this fall. Hotelzazahouston.com for more info.

nem
United States
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houston hotels near Rice

The only two that I know of are:

The Holiday Inn & Suites on Main Street and the Marriott Medical Center on Fannin. Both of these hotels are near the Texas Medical Center and are a few blocks from Rice University.

There is a Marriott Residence Inn and Marriott Courtyard in the West University section of town, but they are a little distance to the University as the 2 hotels mentioned above.

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
685 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houston hotels near Rice

*ears perk up* Did someone say Rice? Go Owls!

The above poster mentioned the Marriott Houston Medical Center, which is basically across the street. Not from the MAIN entrance, but still easily accessible. (i.e. you can walk it, if you don't mind crossing a very busy street)

Also, the Hilton Houston Plaza is close by.

Last time I was in Houston we stayed downtown across from the Toyota Center, and still found it an easy drive to visit the Rice Campus; 15 minutes or so.

Enjoy your stay!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
272 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houston hotels near Rice

KNR mentioned Hotel Zaza. It used to be the Hotel Warick in the Museum District and close to the Museum District MetroRail stations. However, it looks like the hotel will be ready around late-October or after. Improvements look good on the outside, but they are just now starting work on either the Phantom Ballroom or the Conspiracy Room/The Valut area, which is the back side of the Hotel. I just noticed today on the train to the Medical Center.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houston hotels near Rice

Go Owls! I always associate the Hilton with Rice. Remember the ump calling a "Hilton Moment" during afternoon baseball games at Cameron Field (pre-Recklin Park) when the sunlight reflecting off the windows of the Hilton would blind the batter?

6. Re: Houston hotels near Rice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, August 24, 2009