We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which school district?

Fl.
5 posts
Save Topic
which school district?

We are moving to Teaxas in a few months and like everyone want to know from locals which area would be the best for their famiies to look. We narrowed down a few areas we like and are not sure about a few others. We liked Magnola, Oakridge, the Woodlands are nice, a bit too busy. We heard about Atasocita? How are the schools there? We have a 5th. and 2ud. grader. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Montgomery, Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: which school district?

You posted that The Woodlands is "busy"--don't know what you mean by that. Yes, the area is growing, but it still maintains a small-town feel. I don't have any "official" figures about the average age of The Woodlands, but I would guess that it is in the mid-thirties to low forties. Your realtor could direct you to areas that contain mostly young families with school-age children.The community is divided into "villages", each with their own shopping area; we have a major mall and home-town type shopping area across from the mall; there is an outdoor music pavilion that hosts major music artists; the Conroe Indep. School system is highly rated (I am a subst. teacher); we have a new children's museum; two YMCA's and and many sports activities for children.

My children are now in college, but the education they received in The Woodlands has helped them excell beyond their peers when they enrolled in college.

I hope you reconsider you decision and will come visit The Woodlands.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: which school district?

Oak Ridge North is the incorporated city just across I-45 from the Woodlands. It is a great little town, with it's own police dept, city government, etc. The taxes in our city are far lower than in The Woodlands, but you still have all the advantages of living near there- the mall, YMCA, Pavilion for concerts, parks, etc.

Oak Ridge is part of the Conroe Independent School District, which is an AWESOME district, and the schools are all located in a central area, so no driving all over town to get to school.

I have lived here for over 18 years, and my son is a senior at ORHS. His education has been wonderful, as well as his experience of growing up in a small town. He loves it here, and so do I.

I hope you consider us again.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: which school district?

It's interesting to note that everyone seems to push their own neighborhoods -- You can find good school districts all the way around - you probably want to live in a great school district with the shortest commute to work - so you might want to sagy what side of town you plan to work on and that might help posters give more unbiased advice.

14. Re: which school district?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 24, 2009