We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport hotel?

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Airport hotel?

The last night of our trip needs to be finalized so I'm open to any suggestions.

We will be arriving late 10:45pm to the bus depot (815 Pierce Street) in Houston and need to get to the airport area to overnight before flying home at 14:40 the next day.

Is the Best Western Plus in Humble a good option? I was looking here because of BW points and it gets fair reviews. Or other suggestions? Thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,253 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport hotel?

In my opinion, the best hotel is the one that meets your needs. If you are able to use points, then go for it. Reviews seem very positive.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport hotel?

I've heard good things about Best Western Plus hotels, but have no personal experience at one.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport hotel?

First, make sure your reservations are at the location that you want, as there are several of them in the general area, two of which specifically say they're in Humble. (There are two others fairly near the airport, as well.)

The next problem is that you may have to take an expensive cab ride (over $60 at that time of night) to get out there, or you'll have to take public bus with one transfer. See following: http://tripplanner.ridemetro.org/hiwire

If the planned route fails, I used your departure point as 815 Pierce St., and your arrival point as Bush Airport. You may wish to change the arrival point to the exact address of the hotel you choose to get a more nearly exact figure, but you're looking at approximately 1-1.25 hours bus ride plus some walking distance to reach your hotel.

Good luck.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport hotel?

If you have BW points you have obviously stayed at BW (plus) before. Why go all the way to Humble that late at night for a 14.40 flight the next day? Why not stay at the one on Dallas street (1 mile form bus stop - take a taxi). It sounds like you are coming by Mega Bus - so not sure if you would like to use a bus like Metro (public transport). My recommendation - do not try to go to Humble that late at night. Stay close to the bus stop (Houston) - maybe even check out some sites before heading out to IAH the following day. If you can find a rental without a drop of fee that would be the best.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport hotel?

Check out Super Shuttle--just took a quick peek and from the Hyatt Regency on Louisiana Street in downtown Houston, it's $24 per person to IAH. If you stayed in the downtown area you could take a cab to the hotel that night, then make your way to a pick-up point (if the shuttle doesn't service your hotel) the next day for the trip to the airport. Be careful in the area around the bus depot.

Also, there is a National Car Rental location in the Doubletree Hotel on Dallas Ave. downtown. We've used them for one way rentals to IAH in the past (not terribly recently however) and there was no drop off fee. Don't know if that is still the case and how the rental fee would compare to the shuttle.

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport hotel?

Thanks very much, we took your advice and will stay downtown then get to the airport next morning to depart .

I phoned the hotel and was told that the cab and shuttle would cost about the same for the two of us. If this is the case I think a cab ride will be the preference. I appreciate all the comments, as always T.A. is the best!

7. Re: Airport hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, February 14, 2015