We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

Maine
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

I need to take the bus form Houston to Austin but am not sure which bus to take...Any help would be greatly appreciated...I checked and Megabus cost only $5 if you go mid day...Is it true...?...Why so cheap...?...Thanks in advance!

Coral Springs
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

Schedule and price Houston o Austin on Friday morning April 18

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,008 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

gsusscoralsprings: Try http://www.greyhound.com or http://us.megabus.com .

Northampton...
Level Contributor
146 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

Previous post-ers are correct: MegaBus is mega cheap, but not necessarily the one to take if you want a reliable bus. I just took it from Austin to Houston a week ago and had no problems, but the return trip messed up my travel plans: the bus broke down halfway between the 2 cities, getting me into Austin 2 hours late. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem, but I had an early flight back to the East Coast, and an Air BnB host waiting for me. I suppose you get what you pay for... but I've never had a problem taking MegaBus in New England or New York City.

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

My case is the other way around. I will travel from Austin to Houston, where I have to be at a specific time. I will return to Austin a week later. Is Megabus reliable not only to arrive on time but to make reservations?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

I think you will get a better response if you start a new thread.

To answer the question it is impossible to stay for sure that the bus will be on time.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,008 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

I tend to agree with #15 - if you want on-time statistics, you should really consider contacting Megabus and asking them. Using the sparce reports from a little used travel forum, is probably not of too much value. Just like airlines, maybe the company might track such stats. Contact them by phone, email, or social media.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

You might also want to look at the location for the Greyhound Station in Austin. NOT downtown & may be quite inconvenient for you.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

Okay, I'm going to jump in here with just my own thought. I used to work for a transportation company and the driver of the very first schedule would be on time because he would be going to the lot to pick up bus. He would be on time. The next busses would probably be making round trip rotations and could be late due to traffic or road construction or breakdown.

So if you can manage the very first bus, you might be in good shape. Just my little opinion.

3 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

Deal are real

3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Greay Hound Bus or Megabus from Houston to Austin?

Deal are real