We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,998 posts
546 reviews
Save Topic
Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

If so where did you go and what airlines?

It seems you can fly nonstop using the following:

British Airways to go from Houston to London

Air France from Houston to Paris

KLM from Houston to Amsterdam

Lufthansa from Houston to Frankfurt

Turkish from Houston to Istanbul

Air China from Houston to Beijing

ANA/United from Houston to Tokyo

Are there anymore? Like Houston to somewhere in Italy nonstop, etc, or to Warsaw, Prague, Berlin (not yet)

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

We've flown United non-stop to both London and to Frankfurt, and returning, from Paris to IAH on UA. Prague cannot be reached without making connection in some European city, to the best of my knowledge. I believe UA flies non-stop to Rome, but have never taken that flight.

Have you tried using kayak.com or a similar service to find particular flights? You can specify "non-stop", and the search service will pull up most, if not all, flights that satisfy your specifications.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

In addition to above, you have (some not in Asia or Europe) Qatar, Dubai, Moscow and of course Mexico, Central and South America. United also has a direct flight to London and I think is better than BA.

With one stop you can pretty much go anywhere else such as Italy, Warsaw, Berlin etc.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

As mentioned above, once you get to any of the many "gateway" cities you can fly to directly from IAH, destinations like Prague, Warsaw, Rome and countless others are one flight away. IAH has wonderful service to major cities across the globe--we're pretty lucky in that regard. Also include Singapore Airlines and Emirates in the list that flies from IAH. We've traveled many times from IAH to London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Tokyo--spoiled for choice.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,998 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

Yeah I took Turkish Airlines going to Berlin earlier this month and it was fine, I just wish we had more direct flights. I mean we are talking Berlin the biggest city in Germany by twice the amount of people, yet the direct flight to Germany is only to Frankfurt with Lufthansa.

Amsterdam has nearly 1 million people and Rome has almost 3x that, but no flights from Houston to Rome yet directly.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,401 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

I believe Wikipedia also shows non-stop destinations looking at any airport location:

…wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bush_Intercontine…

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

Great info, bk_t1! Thanks for sharing.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,998 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

Indeed thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
6 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

Great 9 hour nonstop flight on IAH Continental to Amsterdam. I have done it many times and beats having layovers! From Amsterdam you can connect to go anywhere. I also travel to Brussels mainly from New Orleans because the trip costs usually about $200 cheaper than flying into Amsterdam. It is not a nonstop flight and usually has a connecting flight elsewhere in the US that will place you in Brussels. There is an express airport bus to take you directly to Antwerp's train station for 10 euros. You can connect to nearly anywhere from the train station!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,998 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

Looks like we have new nonstop flights from Houston to Munich starting Apr 24th, 2014

chron.com/business/article/United-adds-nonst…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,998 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Have you flown nonstop from Houston to Europe or Asia?

While having a nonstop flight to Munich from Houston is good, when you check the prices they are still quite expensive.