We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating to Houston

Southern California
10 posts
Save Topic
Relocating to Houston

I'm looking for a home in Houston and three areas have been sugessted: The Woodlands, Conroe, and neighborhoods within the Loop. I plan to visit next weekend and want to know your thoughts of these areas. I have no small children, so schools are not a factor. But safety, comfort, nicely manicured/established neighborhoods, and access to major parts of city are. Secondly, what is the Loop? Lastly, can anyone recommend a realtor? Thanks.

Houston
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Relocating to Houston

Hey - I would definitely suggest living inside the loop (unless of course you will be working in another area of Houston). It defintely gives you easy access to a variety of attractions/amenities, and very nice homes/property. Another area I would suggest would be the "Memorial" area. Memorial is a street that runs through Houston, from inside the loop to Highway 6. It has numerous nice neighborhoods along it, and a good part of Memorial runs next to Memorial Park - a houston favorite for the athletic, and those that just like to get out and about and enjoy a warm day!

Anyways, just my suggestions, if you need an absolutely fabulous realtor I would suggest the following:

Jan Beebe

Broker Associate

Heritage Texas Properties

14340 Memorial Drive

Houston, TX 77079

OFFICE: 281-493-3880

EMAIL: JBeebe@heritagetexas.com

www.hertiagetexas.com

Good Luck on the move!!

JRoberts

Birmingham,Alabama
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Relocating to Houston

Ted what are some nice apartments around the Galleria area?

Pembrokeshire...
Level Contributor
258 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Relocating to Houston

There are alot of upscale apartment complexes in the galleria area but it's not a pleasant place to live due to construction, serious traffic and smog.

One example of somewhere with a very nice pool and communal facilites is at 1600 Post Oak Blvd

Have a look on www.har.com for more specific properties or www.apartmentguide.com

14. Re: Relocating to Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:25 am, August 18, 2005