We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to sit for Baseball game?

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to sit for Baseball game?

Hi,

I plan on going to see the Astros in a few weeks on a Friday night and was gonna prebook tickets,

I think prices range from around $25-60. I was looking to spend around $40, not sure if they sell tickets at that price.

But where's the best place to sit in the minute maid stadium???

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,683 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to sit for Baseball game?

I don't have any personal experience with MM Stadium. But for baseball in general - Obviously behind home plate gives you a view with the most action. After that behind first base and towards home, then behind third base and towards home. Some folks love the outfield seats - cheaper and usually rowdier fans.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to sit for Baseball game?

Here's a thought. The Astros aren't playing that well so aren't really drawing that many fans. So, you might just walk up to the box office when you get to MMP (or as we fondly call it, the Juice Box) and talk to the ticket person about what seats are available in your price range. That way you can be sure to get the best seats for that night.

If you want to pre-book, I would recommend the 3rd level terrace deck II from about section 322-330. That will get you in under your price point.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to sit for Baseball game?

Emma--Ticket prices vary, based on the opponent's drawing power. I agree with Octoboy's assessment of which seats are most desirable.

Since the Astros are not even in contention (having the worst record in major league baseball), it's not necessary to pre-book tickets, as you can easily buy them at the gate at the same price.

At the risk of sounding unethical, I can tell you that many people have purchased cheaper seats and moved to better seats once the game is underway. (I personally have never done this, but then, I've never attended a game at MM Park.)

Here's the link for ticket pricing--just pick the date, the section you're interested in, and mouse over it to get the price:

…mlb.com/ticketing/singlegame.jsp…

Have fun!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,403 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to sit for Baseball game?

I would suggest sitting in the "dugout boxes" for the best experience. Sec. 112-116 or 123-126. These are some of the more expensive seats as they are considered some of the prime viewing seats but depending on the Astros opponent you can usually find some seats in this area on Stub Hub for around $40.

Enjoy the game.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to sit for Baseball game?

Hi E,

You should be able to get some good Astros tickets. This website is a local marketplace for selling things, and may help:

http://kingwood.bookoo.com/i/37262850

Our season tickets are located about 15 rows up, behind the pitcher, and we enjoy them. We have also been seated in the upper deck area near third base, and enjoyed the "bird's eye view" of the entire field, there.

It seems to us that more of the fly balls seem to head towards the area near first base, so grab your glove and get ready, if you sit there.

Have fun at the game!

cc,

Cupcake

Edited: 11:02 am, August 08, 2013
6. Re: Best place to sit for Baseball game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 10, 2014