We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

My husband and me are traveling with 2 kids aged 6 years old and 1 and a half years old. We need to find a store close to the airport where we can go and buy a car seat and a booster seat for the kids. Little averse to renting seats after reading horror stories online about the conditions that the seats are usually in. Also don't want to carry them all the way from home as we already have our hands full.

Would much appreciate if someone could point us in the right direction.

Thank you

Edited: 3:02 am, June 04, 2013
knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

Flying into Bush Intercontinental (IAH), you can head into Humble, where there is a Walmart on FM1960 at Townsen Blvd.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

Thank you for your reply . Appreciate it. Is there anything closer as we are headed to san antonio and the only option is my husband drives to an outlet to buy the seats while we wait at the airport. But I guess that is better than driving anywhere without carseats no matter how close. Renting it would be an easy option but not particularly keen to do it.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

This is only about a 5-8 minute drive from the airport. The outlets are a good distance away and would not carry the seats.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

I agree that Wal-Mart would be a good choice. The Walmart Supercenter at 9451 Fm 1960 Bypass, Humble, TX is only 4 miles away. There is also a Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us at 20450 Hwy 59 N, Humble, TX ‎(about 5 miles away)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

Thank you so much for your help both of you ! Now we know where to go :)

Edited: 1:13 am, June 05, 2013
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
150 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

We have 2 young kids in car seats and travel often. After the first time renting them from a car agency, we said we would never rent again. (however i have seem some very clean ones at kid destinations like Orlando.) Since checking in car seats is free with airlines, we just bought some bags made for car seats from amazon, one with wheels and another one is a backpack. If we have too much stuff, then we just pay a porter $5-$10 to help us through the airport. Its still a lot cheaper than renting a car seat, and cheaper and easier than running to wal mart while you wait at the airport. Plus you can pack extra items into these car seats bags as free luggage.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

Thank you that seems like a great idea. This time we just got lazy and chose to rent the seats . We used Avis car rental and it was pretty decent as they gave us clean clean seats , which looked dry washed and in plastic bags. They had the instructions taped at the back and a person from the agency volunteered to help us with the seats. They also were very particular about using proper booster seat with a straight back for our older daughter and were very categorical about not using backless booster seat. This i thought was pretty good.

Love your idea about the plastic bags and extra luggage .. yeah ! Thanks again.

8. Re: Where can I buy a car seat closest to Houston airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 14, 2014