We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schedule Question

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Schedule Question

We are going to Houston Texas - below is our schedule, but the things that I am not sure about is the May 21 - I am not sure if we should go straight from Galveston to Austin or to st. antonio, but our flight is in Austin. I kinda want to see those two towns.

Also, does our schedule look okay?

May 17 - Houston arrival at 12pm.

May 18 - Houston

May 19 - Galveston

May 20 - Galveston

May 21 - Austin/St Antonio

May 22 - Fly back home. Flight starts at 6:30pm.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Austin
Austin
Texas
knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schedule Question

You could probably get away with one night in Galveston. Really depends on what you plan to see/do in Houston and Galveston, as you may be able to trim Houston also. Same with Austin/San Antonio. What do you plan to see/do there.

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Austin
Austin
Texas
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Schedule Question

Austin and St Antonio, I just want to check it out at least once. Heard good things about them. We like ocean/beach though. Is galveston worth 2 nights ;-)?

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schedule Question

If you spend 2 days there, you can get away with 1 night. You could spend one day on the beach and next exploring the city and head out that night.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,970 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schedule Question

You should be aware that the beaches in Galveston are not the white sandy beaches you see in the Florida ads. Ours are dark, packed sand. Not bad, just not that picture postcard stuff many people think of when they think beach.

Also, without knowing why you are coming here to Houston, I would suggest first night Houston, drive to Galveston in time for lunch and beach time the next day, spend the night in Galveston. See the rest of the sights the next morning (can easily be done in a morning if you just want a casual view of the town), drive to San Antonio for your third night. See SA the next day and night, then drive to Austin for the last bit of your trip, which would be one night there.

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Florida
Florida
United States
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Austin
Austin
Texas
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schedule Question

Is beach your priority or to see Austin and San Antonio? What is your interest in Houston? Depending on what your priorities are you can change your schedule.

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schedule Question

One day and one night in Galveston is what I'd recommend.

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Schedule Question

I consider moving to Houston, that's why I would like to see houston for 1 and half day. I could go to galveston on the 3rd day, stay the night, next day explore the city, then drive to Austin at night. Check out Austin and st. antonio on 5th days, I think that sounds about right. Do you agree? :-)

or it might be too rush to see Austin and Antonio all in one day?

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Austin
Austin
Texas
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,970 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schedule Question

In your other thread you reference not having a car. It's going to be pretty hard to decide if you would like to move to Houston after being here for 1.5 days without a car. Some of the places in your other thread are reachable by light rail from downtown, others are not. The public transportation system here is not as comprehensive as in other large cities and you will use up a good bit of your time waiting for buses.

Most of the places you list in your other thread in Houston are good to see, but perhaps you would be better off concentrating on looking at various parts of the city if you might move here, rather than go to Galveston, Austin and San Antonio for the majority of your trip. While all these sights/places are interesting, you might want to make your relocation decision based more on Houston and where you might live and what it would be like on a daily basis to be a resident here.

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Austin
Austin
Texas
9. Re: Schedule Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 16, 2014