We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suburb Recommendation

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Suburb Recommendation

We are going to be based in Houston to attend a football game in College Station, and are trying to identify a nice suburb on the northwest side of Houston to get a hotel for 2 nights. I was in Houston a few years ago and remember a nice suburb with offices and shopping and a huge new Irish pub somewhere in the northern 'burbs, but can't recall where it was or whether it would be convenient to get onto Highway 290 to get to College Station.

Can anyone recommend a more upscale suburb northwest of the city?

Thanks!

The Galleria
Ballets, Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Phoenicia Foods
Gift & Specialty Shops
Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suburb Recommendation

Could it have been Cypress? There are a number of communities out US 290, so the only thing I could suggest is to look at a map to see if any of them looks familiar, especially distance-wise from the city. I've got to admit the Irish pub doesn't ring a bell, but I don't spend a lot of time in that area.

Perhaps someone else might recognize that, but I think you need to try figuring out where you were last time. Sorry, but that's just too general a question to come up with an educated guess.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suburb Recommendation

Thanks, I wasn't looking specifically for the suburb I visited before, but rather for a recommendation as to a suitable suburb that would provide access to College Station. Sorry my question was so vague.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suburb Recommendation

It was probably The Woodlands, which would be the perfect northern burn to target again. Its relatively close to College Station and has good, entertainment, and shopping.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suburb Recommendation

If you stay close to 290 and 1960 (hwy 6 going S) you will find several restuarants, bars and hotels. I think you will find more goin on the 1960 sude rather than the Hwy 6 side. From there it is a straight shot to College Station on 290 (hwy 6).

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suburb Recommendation

Thanks, I'll check hotel options in both of these areas. Appreciate the advice.

6. Re: Suburb Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 09, 2014