We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

Hi, I will be travelling to Houston to visit the Halloween show next weekend. Staying for 3 nights Fri,Sat,Sun in the Four Seasons, Downtown Houston. Can anyone recommend a great place for breakfast in the area. First time I have been to Houston. Thanks in advance.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

FYI, guys. HIs trade show is at the G.Brown Conv. Center. Doors open 9am.

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

Thanks for the info, I take it I can just walk form 4 seasons in Lamar St to the convention centre, it just looks like about a half mile.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

AMH888--Georgetowngal wasn't recommending the George Brown Convention Center for breakfast--just explaining to us that a Halloween show is real in January. I can't offer any suggestions, as I never eat breakfast downtown. Your estimate of the mileage is probably fairly accurate, if not a little greater than actual. (Am I safe in assuming you don't like the $35-$40 breakfasts at the Four Seasons?)

Perhaps someone who eats breakfast in that area can offer a suggestion or two.

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

I am sure I would like the $35-$40 breakfasts at the Four Seasons, I just wouldn't like paying for them (lol). I always like going out for breakfast while in the US, here in the UK breakfast is a bit of a non-event.

lew
houston, texas
Level Contributor
844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

Not downtown, but very close. I would highly recommend Sunday's jazz brunch at Brennan's. Sit on the patio. It's beautifil!

http://www.brennanshouston.com/brunch/

Pricey, but worth it.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

Yes, I was telling anyone that was going to answer AMH888 that his destination after breakfast was Brown Convention Center.

Anyway, walk across the street from Four Seasons to a mall called the Shops at the Park inside a highrise business tower called Houston Center. In this mall is a huge food court and a Starbucks. You can walk around and look at all your options and then decide what you want to eat, get it on a tray and find a place to sit in the food court area. Or some of the places on on the edge of the food court and you can look at those too. Pricing will be very, very reasonable.

www.shopsathc.com/stores/store-directory.asp

Or across the street from this building is Phoenicia where you can get coffee, juices, fruit and pastries. You can also go back there another time and get snacks or a meal to go to take to your room at Four Seasons.

phoeniciafoods.com/locations/downtown-market/

Can't get any better than that. By the way, your trade show looks awesome. Have fun. Four S. is 2 blocks from convention center.

Edited: 7:34 pm, January 10, 2013
Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

Thanks for replies so far.

Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
480 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

It is right next to downtown (not walking distance however), but I highly recommend The Breakfast Klub. Some of the best chicken and waffles you will ever have and lots of other great soul food items. This place has a line out the door for breakfast and lunch even on weekdays.

I eat there way too often!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

Hi A,

This is a good website for restaurants, and this is the page for downtown breakfasts, and actually, for looking for any type of food, by area:

www.b4-u-eat.com/eat002.asp…

Hope this helps!

cc,

Cupcake

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Breakfast in Downtown Houston

I'd personally take the railway or a taxi to the Breakfast Klub; amazing chicken and waffles, good coffee, and enjoyable setting!

cc,

Cupcake