We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

events and happenings in Houston for Dec 26-29 for adults?

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
479 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
events and happenings in Houston for Dec 26-29 for adults?

Can I get a few ideas for a things to do with a couple of adults (ages 20's-60) in Houston during the day during Christmas week? Things such as-

- Christmas-related shows, impressive light displays (ok i know this is at night), etc

- Breweries and/or wineries in/around Houston (have been to St Arnolds)

- Museums/special exhibits going on??

- Is NASA worth it or do you really need to be very interested in space exploration to enjoy it?

- Kemah boardwalk- is this more kid friendly? Or will adults have fun? What restaurants are recommended on the boardwalk? Other things to do on it? Or is it just ferris wheel/rides, etc?

What else is going on? What other newer things are there to do in Houston area? We'll be based in Cypress area but are willing to drive/explore.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: events and happenings in Houston for Dec 26-29 for adults?

Lights: Kemah, River Oaks, Highland Village, Galleria Mall, Post Oak.

Kemah is fun for adults too. They might have a boat parade too. Pretty much all the restaurants are now owned by Landry's (at Kemah), so pick one where you like the menu and price. The same dish will have different prices at different restaurants.

To me anyway, NASA is worth it. I don't think you have to be a space junky.

Maybe a sporting event? A play?

Asia Society has an exhibit that is called "What Are You? Went to it was different. The Science and Fine Arts Museums are always fun - not sure what the special exhibits are.

Menil Collection and Rothko Chapel are always an option and free.

I am sure you will get more ideas.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
479 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: events and happenings in Houston for Dec 26-29 for adults?

Anyone seen Santaland Diaries at the Alley Theater? Is it worth the $40 for an hour show?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: events and happenings in Houston for Dec 26-29 for adults?

Here are some Christmas Eve & Christmas Day restaurant openings:

…houstonpress.com/eating/2012/12/where_to_ea…

…houstonpress.com/eating/2012/12/where_to_ea…

Edited: 11:09 pm, December 21, 2012
4. Re: events and happenings in Houston for Dec 26-29 for adults?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013