We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro Q card

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Metro Q card

My wife and I will be visiting Texas next month, arriving in Houston on the Greyhound Express bus from Dallas. I am assuming that the bus arrives at the Greyhound terminal at 2121 Main Street, Houston? My question is, how do we obtain Metro Q cards close to 2121 Main Street before boarding a public bus please? I cannot see any Metro Q card retailers close to that location.

Edited: 7:32 am, October 16, 2012
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro Q card

If you are arriving at the Greyhound Terminal between 8 AM and 4:30 PM, you have the option of (a) coming out of the terminal and turning right on Main Street and then walking 2 1/2 blocks northeast to the large Houston Metro center, which sells Q Cards at the northwest corner of the first floor or (b) first walking one block behind the terminal to a large gas station with a convenience store and seeing if they sell the Q Card. Option (b) may be your only option if you arrive after 4:30 PM. If that's the case and the gas station doesn't have the cards, then you may ride the red line trolley or the buses paying with cash and get a Q Card the next day.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro Q card

Hi,

Here is a link that says you can get a Metro card mailed to you:

…yahoo.com/…

Hope this works.

If you are riding the Metro after you get off the bus,and using cash for your fare, be sure to change some money into U.S.Dollar one dollar bills, so that paying your fare is easier.

What time do you arrive? If it is very late, you might want to get a taxi, and then get your cards the next day, rather than walking about on streets you are not familiar with in Downtown.

Enjoy H-town!

cc,

Cupcake

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro Q card

Thanks Jackta and Cupcake for your helpful replies.

We live in England, so there is not enough time to have cards mailed to us. The gas station/store do not sell Metro Q cards.

As we arrive at 3:25pm and the Metro centre is a short walk from the Greyhound terminal I think the best solution will be to obtain Metro Q cards from the Metro centre.

The well hidden information on their website says "RideStore Services Include: Purchasing a METRO Q® Card ($5 minimum required)"

ridemetro.org/Services/RideStores_LostFound.…

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Metro Q card

The short walk from the Greyhound terminal to the Metro building and buying Metro Q cards there at Ridestore was easy.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Metro Q card

Glad it went smoothly. Enjoy this beautiful Houston fall weather.

6. Re: Metro Q card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 09, 2013