We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in just two days and where to go on 4th July

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
124 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in just two days and where to go on 4th July

I Usually answer questions from Barcelona City (my city) at Trip Advisor. Now, I'm travelling to Texas, and would like you to recommend the places I shouldn't miss in my two day trip to Houston. I also would appreciate it if you could recommend me where I should stay (I mean, in what part of the city).

I will be at Houston on 4th July, are there any particular activities at the city in this day?.

Thank you for your advise!.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
300 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to do in just two days and where to go on 4th July

If you like traditional Texas, be sure to try some BBQ! I like Pappas and Luling's personally for Houston BBQ. As far as where to stay, are you coming to the city to see Houston? Have you ever been here? If not, I'd recommend staying either in the Galleria or downtown as those are the most touristy areas. I wouldn't recommend staying in the Woodlands as it's not really Houston (40ish miles North of Houston) and it's not at all on the way to San Antonio for the Alamo. I love the Woodlands for a day trip if you have an event planned or like to shop. Galveston is also a fun day trip.

And yes, be prepared for lots of traffic. More traffic in the Galleria than downtown.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
124 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What to do in just two days and where to go on 4th July

thank you all for all your advises. I really appreciate it.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
124 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What to do in just two days and where to go on 4th July

wow, QOL thank you for the list!. Cool.

Edited: 11:26 am, May 20, 2012
14. Re: What to do in just two days and where to go on 4th July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 21, 2013