We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do around the Woodlands?

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to do around the Woodlands?

I'll be attending a workshop and staying at the Woodlands Resort for a week from Jan,22. My husband and 2 1/2 year old child will be coming with me. Any suggestion on what they can do or visit? what about transport, should they use a taxi, rent a car? Is there any way of hiring a personal tour guide who can safely take them around the Woodlands or Houston?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do around the Woodlands?

If you are traveling to Houston from The Woodlands, you will need a car. The Woodlands is just outside of Houston, less than 20 min north of Houston city limits. There are a lot of green spaces in The Woodlands, parks playgrounds etc, close by. the city of Conroe is about 15 min north of The Woodlands.

There is ample shopping in The Woodlands, there is a large mall, about a hundred different resturants. There is also a Outlet mall in Conroe. There are lakes in The Woodlands (Lake Robinson, Lake Woodlands - I think) There is also a very large lake in Conroe (lake Conroe) It you like collectables, try Old Town Spring....its just five min south on I-45. There is a waterpark also, but it won't be open. There is also 2 movie theaters at the mall. Check out Cynthia Woods Pavilion for concerts and other fun activities.

Actually The Woodlands is a city/suburb of Houston. The main interstate is I-45, which runs north and south. If you are looking for a Zoo or Museum, then you will have to drive into town. Try the Childrens museum in Hermann park. This is the time of year to be outside in the Bayou City, because as I type this the temp outside is a balmy 70 degrees.

Check out these sites;

www.thewoodlands.com

www.houstonkids.net

www.areaguides.net

woodlandsonline.com/cdps/entertainment.cfm

Welcome to Houston!

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do around the Woodlands?

Wow, and to think I was packing in some VERY warm winter jackets. I would've thought that it's still a bit cold at this time of year. So do you think we should pack light, just a light jacket instead? We're coming from a very hot climate (about 80 degrees today). Thanks in advance.

Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
480 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do around the Woodlands?

I'd suggest checking the forcast before you come out. We just have a (wonderful) cold front come through and it dropped the temp to 47 (right now) with a high forecast of 60.

The current forcast for next week shows highs of 69-73. So you'll maybe want a light jacket, but you know your own comfort level. Lows will range around the upper 40s.