We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Things to do in Houston

Iraq
1 post
Save Topic
Romantic Things to do in Houston

Hello Everyone... I am presently in Iraq and will be returning in Feb06 and was planning on taking my wife to Houston for a couple nights. Could someone please help me with a few romantic things to do? I am staying at the Hotel Icon, I heard that it was a real nice Hotel. If you have any suggestions please post them on here...

Thanks

Jason

nem
United States
Level Contributor
330 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

Here are a few romantic suggestions-

1. Take her out for a nice dinner at either of the following:

Bank Jean Georges Restaurant inside of Hotel Icon

Skyline Bar & Grill inside of the donwtown Hilton

Artista Restaurant

D'Wine Restaurant in River Oaks

Pesce Seafood Restaurant on Kirby

Hugo's Restaurant in Montrose

Or to your own favorite restaurant

2. Schedule a spa appointment (a massage) at anyone of the hotel spas dowtown for your wife. I recommend the one at the Hilton.

3. Buy tickets to a broadway show, a play, an opera, or buy tickets to listen to the Houston Symphony. I am not sure if you are a lover of the arts, but there are some really great deals this year for shows.

4. Order room service instead and just relax the night away.

5. Create the perfect ambience by decorating the hotel room with rose petals, put on some nice music, and have a nice bottle of wine available. (You could do this while she is having her spa appointment)

6. Also, see if you could get your hands on a book call "1001 Ways to Be Romantic" by Gregory Godek before Feb06. It has some very awesome tips.

I will stop there in order to keep this forum G rated. LOL!

Houston
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

You might try a little weekend getaway at The Houstonian in the galleria. They have some romantic getaway packages that include hotel, spa treatments, dinner/breakfast, and even golf (if you're golfers, that's a plus). Here is their website: www.thehoustonian.com

Be safe in Iraq and good luck on finding something romantic for your return!

houston
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

at night take her to spagetti warehouse down town, then catch the horse drawn carriage ride that goes around downtown. It takes you by all the water fountains that we have, they are beautiful

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

Bossa is romantic but busy -- latin cuisine - salsa music. Cool place to go. On Main St.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

Please don't take her to the Spaghetti Warehouse.

If you have a car I would drive 5 miles to The Rainbow Lodge. It is a straight shot down Memorial drive and it is very rustic, good and Romantic. The food is largely comprised of wild game and other grilled food. It looks out on the bayou and is beautiful. If you are staying downtown that Artista has a great view and is also very nice. Back in town I would highly consider a drink at the Lancaster or the bar in the Icon. Be forewarned, the bar in the Icon is very cook, but also very expensive.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

I wholeheartedly agree with the post about NOT going to Spaghetti Warehouse and instead going to Rainbow Lodge. Very romantic!

I think one of the most romantic places in our city is the Water Wall near the Galleria. Look for the tallest building you've ever seen outside a downtown district. When you get there, you will find a park adjacent to it with, well, a wall of water. The structure is something like 3 or 4 stories tall and shaped in a semi-circle. Standing there--especially at night--with the lights and the sounds of the water cascading all around you is truly romantic. Lots of people get married right there. I think it is the only not-to-be-missed landmark in our city.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

Rainbow Lodge is very nice, romantic and elegant. However, it is a rather old-style restaurant. Romantic in the traditional sense. Depends on your age group and what you classify as romantic. If you are looking for beauty, quiet elegance - then its great. I find it good with good food but a but too old-fashioned and stuffy. But that is just me, lots of people love it.

Rouge on lower Westheimer is more modern and yet candlight and romantic, Bossa downtown, There is also another recent italian restaurant on lower Westheimer that is very popular but have let the name slip my mind. If I remember, I'll post it.

Mark's and Da Marco's (both on Westheimer) are very popular.

Houston
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

How about a hot air baloon?

Houston
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

My wife and I went to Heights Massage & Day Spa (77008). They offered a couples package that included a couples massage of course, hot tub and a paraffin wax procedure. It was a reasonalbe 170 dollars. We brought our own wine and they gave us nice bags for putting our wet swimsuits in so as not to get our other stuff we brought wet. I heard about them through city search. They've got good reviews there. They won best massage in Houston 2 yrs in a row too.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Things to do in Houston

La Carafe is a romantic wine bar downtown, not too far from the Hoel Icon. (I love that place.)

The bar in the hotel is very trendy, but if you are able to get seats, it's fun although not the most romantic...