We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good romantic spots in Houston?

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good romantic spots in Houston?

My wife and I will be spending 3 days in Houston from December 21st to 24th. I live in Austin and I���������ve been to several times to Houston. But besides Astrodome, Galleria Mall and few Pakistani restaurants, I haven���������t seen too much of Houston. I am pretty familiar with Houston highways and streets. My wife is arriving to United States first time in her life. My question is what romantic spots and fun places I can take her in this time of the year? We don���������t drink so night clubs and bars are out of question. We can only eat halal or kosher meat. I my self love seafood and its pretty easy to find in any restaurants. But she is not into seafood. We both are not into veggie food either. So what are my choices for dinning out under these strict conditions?

I have booked a room in Marriott at West Loop Galleria for an amazing prize of $50 per night. Thanks to priceline.com. I am not sure what kind of room we would get at that bargain. Also does hotel staff treats you differently if you are staying at the place where usually the rate is $150 per night? What kind of service should I expect? Should I be able to ask for normal services that come with normal price? I know these question might sound dumb but pardon my ignorance on this topic. I���������ve stayed in small motels here and there but I���������ve never stayed at a nice 3.5 star hotel; therefore I don���������t know how things work at fancy hotels.

Also what are the other attractions around Galleria Mall? I���������ve been to Galleria Mall couple of times but are there any shopping places outside the mall. It���������s easy to find the list of stores inside Galleria Mall but I couldn���������t find any info about other shops outside Galleria Mall.

My main reason to post this thread was to ask about some good romantic spots besides fine dinning. If anyone has any suggestions please reply. Thanks in advance

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good romantic spots in Houston?

I've never noticed a hotel to treat you different, based upon the price you pay for your room.

Other shopping venues near the Galleria, would be Highland Village, which is on Westheimer inside Loop 610 (opposite direction from the Galleria). Another place would be Rice Village, though not sure of exact location, it is also inside the Loop. An upscale shopping/dining area at Loop 610 and Post Oak, which I think is called Uptown Park, would also be something to look into.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good romantic spots in Houston?

For a romantic restaurant that meets your requirements, you may look into the restaurant at the Houstonian Hotel - it features Mediterian food and is in a very nice setting - but you may need reservations. (Also, close to the Marriott West Loop) Another restaurant to look into would be Masriffs on Post Oak. Very nice and expensive, but is owned by a persian family who offers dishes like you described. Finally, India's on Richmond has a nice dining room and always gets very high ratings.

You should have no concerns about The Marriott, it caters to alot of conventions & meetings where they are use to giving discount rates. I had a childs birthday aprty at their indoor pool and it was handled very well.

Houston
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Good romantic spots in Houston?

I lived in Houston for several years and in that time I have gotten around. Try the "Holiday lights in Herman Park" it's from 6-9 in the evenings. You can paddle boat and even get a horse in buggy ride. Really romantic and admission is free. Go on the web and search the title above. You can get all the info! If you are in to the holiday thing-this is a good start. Memorial City Mall is very nice. It's off of I-10 in Houston. From the Galleria you want to go East on Westheimer about four miles heading toward the Sam Houston. Turn right on Gessner Road and take it to I-10 (about 3 miles). The mall is on the right side. It's a nice size mall, the stores are upscale and it even has an Ice Skating Rink! The other type of entertainment you might try in getting tickets for the Nut Cracker or Houston's Symphony. Go on line- prices run between 30-75 a ticket depending on what you want to see and where you want to sit. As for places to eat try Restaurant Ronit. The place is wonderful! It is located behind the Doubletree on Westheimer in the Galleria (the doubletree across from Walgreens). And I think (you may want to check) It is an all Kosher restaurant. The food is EXCELLENT!!! The staff is wonderful. It was the first place I had dined at when I came to Houston. I was so pleased, I had breakfast, and dinner there several times during my stay. It isn't too pricey for the area. Call them for more details. You won't be sorry. The place is owned by a Jewish Doctor. I met him and his son and daughter. They were so nice, they gave us a box on pasteries on the house when we left for our trip home. Highly recommend it! Well that's a start. Hope it works well! I didb't recall if you were driving in our just on a cab basis. But all of the places I listed you can get to with a cab with chap fares. They are not far from where you are staying! Good Luck!