We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun restaurant for kids

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fun restaurant for kids

I'm coming to Houston in 2 weeks to take care of my neice and nephew ages 14 and 12. Are there any really cool restaurants in Houston that I could take them to? I'm thinking something like Medieval Times, Ed Debevics or something of that nature that you would find in L.A. I know they don't have either of those restaurants in Houston, but thought maybe there was something similar that they would think was fun. THanks!

Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
480 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun restaurant for kids

Magic Island is a combination of magic show and food. Haven't been myself, but that's the only themed thing I can think of in Houston. Their website might have more information.

There's also The Aquarium (either downtown or in Kemah) and that can be a lot of fun for kids plus a good meal.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun restaurant for kids

Rain Forest Cafe in Katy is great. Kids love it. It has these animal-tronic like things. There is also one out in Galveston. Not a show or anything, but a neat place.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun restaurant for kids

The Aquarium in downtown Houston appeals to children. It's a little pricey and touristy, but is scenic and interesting.

texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun restaurant for kids

kids love this place. http://www.jillians.com/ My friends two sons could spend hours here playing the games (bonus- they have a bar so if the noise level gets to loud you can grab a beer to help you relax)

Downtown aquarium www.downtownaquariumhouston.com/home.htm

Not a restaurant but fun - Moody Gardens in Galveston (45 minute to 1 hour drive south of houston a definate day trip)

houston-guide.com/guide/…attractmoody.htm