We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Showboat Drive-in Theater

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Deer Park, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Showboat Drive-in Theater

I wanted to post this just in case someone is interested.

The drive-in is located in Hockley near Tomball. We have not made it to the drive-in yet as we live in the southeast area but we are eagerly waiting for some free time.

The drive-in has a snack shop and the shows are double feature. They are closed on Monday.

There is no sitting on top of vehicles but you drive up onto a ramp for easy viewing or you can back on to the ramp for tailgating. Movies begin at dusk therefore it may be somewhat before or after the movie starting time. Outside food is prohibited and understandable as the snack shop is the primary source of income for drive-in theaters. I gladly comply since I have fond childhood memories of drive-in theaters. The kitchen closes after intermission but the snack shop stays open until the gates close. Credit cards are not accepted but the snack shop has an ATM.

You hear the movie through your radio station 88.1FM or 98.1FM.

Lawn chairs are permissible as long as they are near your vehicle. If your battery goes dead – the drive-in will give you a jump!

Dogs are allowed as long as they are under the control of owners at all times and children can play on the playground but quietly during the movies.

I obtained all of the above information from the FAQ section of the below website. I hope you can make it out soon. My fingers are crossed that we’ll be able to do it this coming weekend!

www.theshowboatdrivein.com

Houston
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Showboat Drive-in Theater

Thank you! Looks like it will make for a fun evening!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
459 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Showboat Drive-in Theater

Thanks for posting this! I have always been envious of Dallas' drive in theater. Now i must wait for cooler weather....

Deer Park, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Showboat Drive-in Theater

I still have not made it to the drive-in. I wanted to this past weekend but unfortunately I was stuck inside finishing school work.

If my husband does not work all weekend we're definitely going Saturday night. We may even stop by this burger joint that is right down the street. I've heard rumors that it's great.

4. Re: The Showboat Drive-in Theater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, October 03, 2009