We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossland Extended Stay ... What's It Like?

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Crossland Extended Stay ... What's It Like?

Recently when visiting Houston, we stayed at an Exrendedstay

Deluxe for about $60 a night x 7 nights which EXCEEDED our

expectations, but as with all newly rennovated properties, rates

went up about $25 a night in just 5-6 months!

So ... anyone familiar with Crossland NW Houston ... same chain,

but excellent pricing?

So ...as Howie Mandel would say: "Deal or No Deal?"

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossland Extended Stay ... What's It Like?

Just in case no one responds:

I stayed at this place years and years ago for nearly a month when I was between apartments and it was under different ownership.

One thing I know hasn't changed is that it's a little difficult to get to because it's actually after the onramp to 290 toward Downtown. To get to that onramp, or to go the other direction on 290, you can head down to the next exit (Tidwell) or go on the side streets through the neighborhoods back to Fairbanks-North Houston.

There's not much for shopping around here, but there is a Kroger a few blocks away and a Home Depot next door.

I stay in a lot of Extended Stays and there's a reason why Crossland is much cheaper than ESAs or Extended Stay Deluxes. The beds are small (I'd get two even if you plan on sleeping in the same bed with someone) and very hard. The toiletries and dishes are minimal, you have to pay for the coffee packets, and the kitchenette is tiny (no full fridge like ESAs). The room is also a lot smaller and the patrons can get strange sometimes.

They're very economical though. I just spent a week in one here in Tucson (again, between apartments) and it was actually a pretty good experience. So, I'm not trying to scare you off. Just something to be aware of.

hth

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Tucson
Tucson
Arizona
2. Re: Crossland Extended Stay ... What's It Like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 10, 2009