We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions for nice accommodation near McGallion area?

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestions for nice accommodation near McGallion area?

Hi there!

My husband & I are travelling to Houston for 2 nights for a family event which is being held in St.Charles Borromeo Convent in McGallion.

Would anyone have any ideas about a nice place to stay that would be within easy access (by public transport) to here?

What are the highlights of Houston that we could see in 24-48hrs?!

Many thanks for all your help!!

Anne

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions for nice accommodation near McGallion area?

This area of town is not very nice. Public transportation may exist by bus only. I would advise you to rent a car (at least to get you to the Convent) and stay elsewhere. Public transportation is not the same is in Ireland.

Since you are wanting to spend some time in the city, I would suggest a hotel either in the Galleria or Downtown area. Downtown would be on the transportation lines for the remainder of your time here. Hotels on the lines include the Hotel Icon, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott. Nearby is the Magnolia Hotel, just to name a few.

www.ridemetro.org for the rail/transit information

www.visithoustontexas.com for city information

also, look at previous posts for city highlights and hotels

Welcome to Houston!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions for nice accommodation near McGallion area?

Agree with KNR - this is really not a safe area to stay in. The Church and Convent are very old and were in a nice area many, many years ago. However that area has seriously declined. I would stay downtown or near the Galleria.

3. Re: Any suggestions for nice accommodation near McGallion area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 02, 2009