We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee Shops & Tea Shops

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
49 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee Shops & Tea Shops

Can anyone recommend good coffee shops (any place in the city)? I'm interested in independent ones and larger ones that have a nice "atmosphere."

Also, are there any tea shops here?

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee Shops & Tea Shops

Well, as far as coffee goes the one shop that I went to was recently closed!

There is an amazing tea shop in Houston though. Go to The Path of Tea on West Alabama. This tranquel shop offers organic fair trade tea. You can purchase it loose leaf and they also make tons of drinks. The little snacks that they serve are wonderful and they are always trying to come up with new recipes to incorporate tea into the foods.

I just happened to come across this place a few months ago and I'm so glad that I did. I encourage you to visit!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
305 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee Shops & Tea Shops

There's Cafe Brasil at 2604 Dunlavy St (Cross Street: Westheimer Road). It's a really chill place w/ good drinks and food. They have bands play there throughout the week as well. It's also in a really funky area of Houston. Vintage shopping and gay area of town.

There is outside seating as well.

check out this link:

www.b4-u-eat.com/eat002.asp?Z=&A=&H=70&N=&S=N

lots of coffee shops!

Austin
Level Contributor
923 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee Shops & Tea Shops

Our favorite is Croissant Brioche on Rice Blvd in Rice Village. We like it because it has a good supply of newspapers (NYT and WSJ), its location, cheap refills and a good place to hang out. Its brioches and croissants are excellent, too.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee Shops & Tea Shops

Go to Onion Creek on White Oak in The Heights. It is both a coffee shop and bar. It is always has a cool crowd from sunrise until 2:00 AM.

5. Re: Coffee Shops & Tea Shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 29, 2009